Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) - Page 11
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)

This is a discussion on Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; In response to what rich_s said. I will bet that there are more unarmed bystanders that would try to stop ...

In response to what rich_s said. I will bet that there are more unarmed bystanders that would try to stop the robber and protect others than there are gun carrying citizens that would run out the back door.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadpoison View Post
    Rich_S you should change your name to Dumb__S

It is bed wetting cowards like you that have helped turn this once great country into a third world cesspool where thugs and punks rule over law abiding citizens.
    Thank God there are still some of us who still have backbones and are willing to do what is right.
    I live about a mile from this Waffle House and go there regularly. I wish I had been there that night. Maybe the second thug would have met the same fate!! Now he will tie up the court system for the next couple of years and then taxpayers will support the punk for the next 20 or so years unless of course YOU are the judge who turns this piece of trash back out on the streets to try it again. Maybe you will be in the next restaurant he tries to rob.
    Only a complete moron....IE: you....would ever wish to be in a situation like this. It's tough guy wannabe's like you that give the anti's more rhetoric to go on to try to take the rights away from responsible gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by rrman12280 View Post
    If a criminal puts himself in this position, then he should be prepared to meet resistance from the people he is threatening. Maybe he was just robbing the place, or maybe he was planning on shooting a few people on the way out the door with the money. Who knows? Why take the chance and wait until he actually fires his gun before stepping in? By then, it's too late.
    By brandishing a gun your actions could cause a firefight that might not have taken place if you didn't brandish. Why take the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    The video said there were 10 in the store.... There was actually 11, one of the customers ran out the back, right Rich_s?
    That would be a smart move. Why risk getting killed in an armed robbery scenario if you could escape?

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    The dead slimeball had a gun and was threatening law abiding citizens. I don't know of any state that forbids you from defending yourself or others. Everyone has to decide for themselves as to whether they are willing to defend others or not. I would hope I would.

Actually, I think the best course of action (without considering the myriad of circumstances that we don't know about from this brief description of the situation) would be to simply shoot any and all of the armed robbers.
    LMMFAO at "simply"

Yeah- real simple

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    That would be a smart move. Why risk getting killed in an armed robbery scenario if you could escape?
    Some people's personal morals won't let them do that, when there is a good chance they can change the outcome of the robbery for the better.

The job of the police is to enforce the law. If they arrive and a crime is in progress enforcing the law would involve stopping the crime and arresting the perps.
    Key words highlighted. I'm not willing to bet my life on "if they arrive".
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by JeshKidney View Post
    It's as simple as this google (your state) laws on lethal force keep your ass covered of corse most of it is up to you weather or not the situation is in need of you to draw to protect the third person for instance I would only draw if the victim freezes due to the gun or knife being waved in their face at that time I feel the perp may try to hurt the victim due to them being frozen in fear because let's face it that person is in fear for there life and may have PTS due to the robbery I know my brother suffered from PTS after his work was robbed lucky he remained calm in the situation and told the BG who was holding him at knife point against the register he needed to let him move so he could open the drawer of corse the store figured oh we are in a little town we dont need to record but it turn out this little town was the meth lab capital of the state till our state boys cracked down on the disgusting scum bags manufacturing that **** and now there are only a few people here who are addicted to the drug and everybody who has half a brain knows meth users will do anything to get their drugs sorry that's just me ranting about these scum bags but my other brother had been in the back room if he had his ccw Some of you are trying to say he shouldn't intervene I know well that's different they are family everyone has family's even scum bag criminals as does the victim who's life may have been saved who's to say something couldn't have made the perp jump and pull the trigger taking the victims life in this case I would have to do the same and some may argue well that person will still have PTS but it's better than knowing the guy got away most do due to wear masks and premeditation of the crime
    Good Lord son! PUNCTUATION and paragraph breaks. Help us out here!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by rrman12280 View Post
    The SC Castle Doctrine Law refers to immunity if the incident happens within the home (dwelling), vehicle, or place of business.It states in part:"The General Assembly finds that it is proper for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves, their families, and others from intruders and attackers without fear of prosecution or civil action for acting in defense of themselves and others".

However I found this under the "Protection of Persons and Property Act":"A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in another place where he has a right to be, including, but not limited to, his place of business, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or another person or to prevent the commission of a violent crime as defined in Section 16-1-60".

Wouldn't this law protect him from prosecution or civil action since he is in a place he has the right to be?

You can read the whole thing here: 2005-2006 Bill 4301: Protection of Persons and Property Act - South Carolina Legislature Online
    That doesn't preclude a lawsuit unless the law specifically says it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    I will try to remember your opinions. See a drunk driver, don't report it. See someone bleeding, step over their body. Hear someone yelling fire, go other direction. Hear a woman yelling rape, not my issue. Thief pulls a gun, use women and children a cover as I sprint out the back door. Got it, but no thanks.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Please post links to the posts where I've said all that.

Thanks

By brandishing a gun your actions could cause a firefight that might not have taken place if you didn't brandish. Why take the chance?
    There's that improper use of that "brandishing" word again.

The only one responsible would be the scumbag robbing the place, I can see why it'd be hard to comprehend that you should blaim the criminal rather than the victim with your liberal Massachusetts brainwashing.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast