Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) - Page 20
Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)

This is a discussion on Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by B2Tall Ever wonder why bank branches no longer have armed guards like they did back in the ...

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Ever wonder why bank branches no longer have armed guards like they did back in the day?? Because it was found that guards pulling their guns out and trying to stop the robberies actually created far more casualties than having no guard at all. It's also why every bank in the country has a "no resistance" policy for their employees when a robbery occurs. Bank employees are trained to remain calm and hand over the money. You'd have to go back nearly 5 years and 20,000+ bank robberies to find one where a customer or employee was killed.
    Bank teller is shot during Hamilton robbery | NJ.com

Bank Teller Killed in Thousand Oaks Heist - Los Angeles Times

Have a nice day.

You sure have a strange definition of "firefight".
    I call `em like I see `em

You can hide under the table with Rich_S if you want. That`s your choice.

What do you mean "if" he starts shooting?? You seem convinced that he will no matter what.

That's a mighty small "if", and an even smaller chance that he'd pick me to be his target out of a bunch of people in a restaurant, especially since I'm not antagonizing him. But if I stand up and open fire, I've pretty much assured myself of being his first target in the unlikely chance that I'm (or anyone else in spite of their delusions to the contrary) not able to drop him on the spot.

Ever wonder why bank branches no longer have armed guards like they did back in the day?? Because it was found that guards pulling their guns out and trying to stop the robberies actually created far more casualties than having no guard at all. It's also why every bank in the country has a "no resistance" policy for their employees when a robbery occurs. Bank employees are trained to remain calm and hand over the money. You'd have to go back nearly 5 years and 20,000+ bank robberies to find one where a customer or employee was killed. There's a lesson to be learned there. Like I said, pulling out my gun and shooting will always be an option, but one of last resort.
    Will he fire or not (50% vs 50%). Last I heard there were actually 12 people in the restaurant. This means out of the 50% chance he will fire his weapon, there is a 8.3% chance it would be you or each of your family members. A family of 4 increases to over 33%. Odds are increasing. Are you willing to risk this percentage?
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

It amazes me that when a guy basically gets beat to death in a thread, another, nearing the end of the thread, jumps on the same bandwagon.

Not that it's right or wrong, just weird:):):) kinda funny really!

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    It amazes me that when a guy basically gets beat to death in a thread, another, nearing the end of the thread, jumps on the same bandwagon.

Not that it's right or wrong, just weird:):):) kinda funny really!

KK
    Hopping onto a bandwagon has been popular since before Abraham Lincoln was born and you expect that to change now? LOL

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

One of your examples was from 1997. Just a tad beyond the five years I spoke of.

OK....so there has been one in the last 20,000+ robberies. And exactly how does that disprove my point that it's exceptionally rare??

Have a nicer day.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadpoison View Post
    I call `em like I see `em

You can hide under the table with Rich_S if you want. That`s your choice.
    Well, tough guy....If you're around spraying bullets, you can be sure I'll be under the table. Don't rattle that plastic sword too much. It might break.

Quote Originally Posted by rrman12280 View Post
    Will he fire or not (50% vs 50%). Last I heard there were actually 12 people in the restaurant. This means out of the 50% chance he will fire his weapon, there is a 8.3% chance it would be you or each of your family members. A family of 4 increases to over 33%. Odds are increasing. Are you willing to risk this percentage?
    LOL! Now you're just pulling stuff out of your ass! 50%?? That's like saying my chances of winning the lottery are 50% because there are only 2 possible outcomes - win or lose!

Your "formula" is so preposterous....so born out of desperation that I won't comment on it beyond a hearty laugh!

Being a "Rambo" ain't such a bad thing really. I mean, think about it, John Rambo was walking through a town minding his own business when a gung-ho Sheriff started harassing him. He wanted to leave, didn't want any trouble, and didn't exhibit any violent tendencies when arrested. Only when one of the deputies started beating him with a club did he defend himself. The criminals were clearly his abusers. He was within his rights of self defense at several points before he actually acted on them. The fact that the writer(s) of the movie over-exaggerated his violent propensities when he did finally go off, doesn't change the fact that they developed a character in the beginning that had enough of fighting, killing and inhumanity towards his fellow man, and who did everything within his power to avoid more of the same.

The Rambo metaphor fails just on the basis of it being repeated so often and directed at anonymous posters on the internet whom the purveyors of such brainless twaddle couldn't possibly know if even their own twisted misperceptions of who the movie character of John Rambo was, legitimately applies to them. But it also fails because if you're being called a "Rambo" because you are being accused of wanting violence and killing in your life, the accuser doesn't understand the movie character any better than they understand the strangers on the internet that they repeat the accusation to incessantly.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

LOL! Now you're just pulling stuff out of your ass! 50%?? That's like saying my chances of winning the lottery are 50% because there are only 2 possible outcomes - win or lose!

Your "formula" is so preposterous....so born out of desperation that I won't comment on it beyond a hearty laugh!
    Thought that would get a response as such. As I said, good luck to us all, including yourself.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast