Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) - Page 52
Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)

This is a discussion on Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by snipingshadow No only the last one was a what if. **edited for brevity** Using fear to get ...

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by snipingshadow View Post
    No only the last one was a what if. **edited for brevity** Using fear to get what they want.
    I'm just going to throw this out one time, it appears from some of your recent posts that this may sitll end up in court. If that is not true then please disregard the following.

If this is true I would suggest you shut up about thie incident until such time as you have been 100% exonerated
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'm just going to throw this out one time, it appears from some of your recent posts that this may still end up in court. If that is not true then please disregard the following.

If this is true I would suggest you shut up about the incident until such time as you have been 100% exonerated
    As SS has stated, this was a Robbery, not an undercover officer, short on coffee money.

With my Glock 19 I can hit an eye socket at 5 yds, it was less than that.

I would have taken the same shot, I have the skill, the robber showed threat.

You can not give the advantage to an armed robber in this instance, front sight, press, you have to take the initiative, no choice.

In my case to protect my Wife, and I. We would have waited for a booth. We always do.

The good news, we would never have gone in to a Smoking allowed Waffle House!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'm just going to throw this out one time, it appears from some of your recent posts that this may sitll end up in court. If that is not true then please disregard the following.

If this is true I would suggest you shut up about thie incident until such time as you have been 100% exonerated
    I feel for what you had to endure SS, but this is probably good advice. For your benefit.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Awesome use of deadly force. I just hope the other guy keeps running and doesn't come gunning.
    KK
    That's not the right kind of comment. The use of deadly force should never be considered "awesome". Taking a human life, justified or not, is a very serious matter.
    I am now just ONE STEP shy of the dark side, although i do visit it frequently!

How many of you have had to kill a person in self defense?

I feel great sadness for you. I don't carry a gun to "protect the sheep". That is the LEO's job. You don't get to just shoot someone because you have a gun. I protect me and my own, not every person
    on the street.
    I don't know about you but the man in the Waffle House took it upon himself to do the job of the cop. He had no authority to draw down and issue verbal commands. He is a private citizen, not a cop. He escalated the situation, not diffused it.
    You sound like a very dangerous gun owner to me. Like you just can't wait to shoot someone yourself. If you are that fun ho, I'll visit you in jail to laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    How many of you have had to kill a person in self defense?
    Thank the Good Lord above, I have not. I am, however, curious as to the point of the question. Please don't base your answer on the tone of one or two posters whom you may perceive as enthusiastic or desirous to shoot someone. You addressed the question to us all. Please keep your answer broad enough to include us all. Thanks.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I don't know about you but the man in the Waffle House took it upon himself to do the job of the cop. He had no authority to draw down and issue verbal commands. He is a private citizen, not a cop. He escalated the situation, not diffused it.
    First, please learn how to use the quote function. It is not clear who you are addressing. Are you aware that the shooter at the Waffle House is actively participating in this thread? If so, are you addressing him directly, or only Keykutter, or both?

Second, you are absolutely wrong on the facts. The shooter at the Waffle House had every authority to do what he did, and the code that gives him that authority has been posted in this thread.

In part, the facts he dealt effectively with before Monday-morning-quarterbacks even had the chance to juxtapose his actions against the law are that the robbers were forcing people face down on the floor and making them low-crawl to a back room. That is clearly a deadly threat to everyone either in, or on their way crawling on their bellies, to the back room. I know of very few jurisdictions where a person legally carrying a weapon has no authority to deploy that weapon in defense of him/herself or others, but I know for a fact from the code itself that in his jurisdiction, this shooter not only had that authority, but he knew the law before ever strapping up. You might try the same before typing up a post that exposes that you don't know what you're talking about.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

True, I jumped in to comment before I realized the thread was 50 pages long! The only thing I don't know was the law in his jurisdiction. I don't live there so I guess I should have looked it up before I posted.I know that in some locations, there are different laws and codes. I am very new to this site and I don't know how everything functions but I will learn.

The question was laid out pretty simply and addressed to "all".
    As I am new here, I get the feeling on this topic that there are a lot of people who are looking for someone to shoot.
    So the question stands.

Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast