Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) - Page 55
Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)

This is a discussion on Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Bluesstringer.... See my response to navy ltcmdr as it also applies to you. Read the entire article on use of ...

Bluesstringer....

See my response to navy ltcmdr as it also applies to you.

Read the entire article on use of force.

Read all of my posts before making assumptions. It will explain better, who I am and where I come from.

I have no problem with use of deadly force when directly engaged. I have discussed these robbery type scenarios with several instructors. You need to know your State as they are not the same. I get to know every States law I am Licensed in, prior to entering that State.

The "bold" print was added by a responder to my comments, not by me.
    People should practice being in a state of relaxed awareness similar to defensive driving. Enjoy life, but study your surroundings.....http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/pract...onal-awareness

Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    I would suggest that you read this in it's entirety...UseofForce.us: Introduction
    And just exactly why should anyone give great weight to the legal opinion of Brandon Oto a simple 25 year old California raised EMT living in Brookline, Massachusetts and working for the Cataldo Ambulance Service?

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather View Post
    I would suggest that you read this in it's entirety...UseofForce.us: Introduction
    Pay special attention to "Preclusion". Within "range of my gun" does not meet the standard of imminent danger.

If you are a Lt. Commander then you have a lot to loose in a criminal or civil indictment. There is a lot of bravado on this site. There are some reading this forum who do not fully understand the potential consequences of self defense or defending others.

If after reading about use of force you maintain the same mined set, I would suggest a set down with a good defense attorney. You might also want to delete all your posts on sites such as this. A prosecutor would have a field day!
    Your link blows it with this statement.
    It is the idea that, whatever the situation, you are expected to use force only as a last resort—that is, only when the circumstances preclude all other options.
    Just because you can escape does not mean you have to try to in many states. In many states, if you have a right to be there,( I.E. at home or in your car ) you do not have to leave it.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I have only been on this forum for two days. I do apologize if I didn't take the time to read not only this HUGE thread but all the others that I see listed under a variety of topics. I can tell you when I am dealing with a pompous ass like this BlueSteeleFish guy.
    I can admit when I'm wrong, I don't need to be lectured to like I am a new born babe in the condescending tone presented by him. If he is a mod of this site, he sucks at it.
    Let me guess.. Bluefish WAS either retired police or better yet, one of those guys who thinks only HE knows how to correlate all the facts and present them to the poor people so they can understand them.
    Nuff said. You need to work on your people skills as well as your range skills to be rounded.
    I am now just ONE STEP shy of the dark side, although i do visit it frequently!

Rights like the Castle Doctrine do not apply in a restaurant that you are patronizing. It was designed for your home.
    Other laws pertinent to your location may exist, I just don't know what they are.
    Everyone who carries a handgun is responsible for knowing your laws as they apply to you.
    Just sayin...., ya know?
    I am now just ONE STEP shy of the dark side, although i do visit it frequently!

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Don't worry Treo, no one will ever accuse you of being a Hero. .............. after all that requires a selfless act.
    Oddly enough, I actually was decorated for valor during my military career. The citiation actually states that I deliberately placed myself in danger to save the lives of others ( the very thing you're certain I'd never do I) was big doin's around the TOC for about 30 minutes and then life went on. The citation is on a book shelf in the basement and the medal is somewhere in the same room I think, I'm fairly certain no one but my wife that even knows I have it.

What was your point?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    As to the bolded text, it's ironic that the only poster to have "Liked" your post as of this writing wouldn't even do that.
    And he still wouldn't
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I have only been on this forum for two days. I do apologize if I didn't take the time to read not only this HUGE thread but all the others that I see listed under a variety of topics. I can tell you when I am dealing with a pompous ass like this BlueSteeleFish guy.
    I can admit when I'm wrong, I don't need to be lectured to like I am a new born babe in the condescending tone presented by him. If he is a mod of this site, he sucks at it.
    Let me guess.. Bluefish WAS either retired police or better yet, one of those guys who thinks only HE knows how to correlate all the facts and present them to the poor people so they can understand them.
    Nuff said. You need to work on your people skills as well as your range skills to be rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I don't about being accused of being a hero but my battalion commander did pin one of those medals on me and hand me a citation about 20 years ago that said something about "Spc Treo placed himself in jeapordy and risked his live to save the lives of others and his actions reflect great credit upon himself, his unit and the United States Army"

I don't know if that counts as being accused, I know I was big doin's around the TOC for about 30 minutes and then life went on. The citation is on a book shelf in the basement and the medal is somewhere in the same room I think, I'm fairly certain no one but my wife that even knows I have it.

What was your point?

What would your battalion commander think now if he read your posts in this thread?

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I think what whitefeather, Rich_S, Treo and the other graduates of their training are saying is that they will do nothing to PREVENT a criminal from causing grave injury or death.
    I can't speak for the others but I not only never said that I'm fairly certain I specifically stated that that wasn't the case. Perhaps you'd like to quit putting words in my mouth and read what I actually said

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Rights like the Castle Doctrine do not apply in a restaurant that you are patronizing. It was designed for your home.
    Other laws pertinent to your location may exist, I just don't know what they are.
    Everyone who carries a handgun is responsible for knowing your laws as they apply to you.
    Just sayin...., ya know?
    In your own state of Vermont, "Castle Doctrine" has nothing to do with it:

The Vermont Statutes Online

2305. Justifiable homicide

If a person kills or wounds another under any of the circumstances enumerated below, he or she shall be guiltless:

(1) In the just and necessary defense of his or her own life or the life of his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, sister, master, mistress, servant, guardian or ward; or

(2) In the suppression of a person attempting to commit murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, burglary or robbery, with force or violence;

See that "OR" between (1) and (2)? In (2) do you see any requirement to be in your own home? Nope.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast