Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)
Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)

This is a discussion on Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- The Spartanburg County Sheriff's office continues to investigate an attempted armed robbery that killed one person ...

Default Waffle House Shooting (Good Guy Wins)

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. --
    The Spartanburg County Sheriff's office continues to investigate an attempted armed robbery that killed one person Saturday morning.The incident happened at the Waffle House on Chesnee highway just after 1:00am Saturday.According to an incident report, two suspects armed with a handgun entered the restaurant and tried to rob the Waffle House. A customer in the business, who is a concealed weapon permit holder, was also armed with a handgun and attempted to hold the suspects at gunpoint until law enforcement could arrive, deputies said.Deputies said one of the suspects began to point his gun at the customer and that customer then shot the suspect who died on the scene.The suspect has been identified by the Spartanburg County coroner as 19-year-old Dante Lamont Williams of Roebuck, SC. An autopsy is scheduled for later today.According to officials, the other suspect is still on the loose.No arrest have been made in connection with the incident. The Spartanburg County Violent Crimes Unit is investigating.

Read more: Deputies: Waffle House Customer Shoots Armed Robber - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

Can't wait for the 'Way to Go' from the Spartanburg County Sherrif.

Awesome use of deadly force. I just hope the other guy keeps running and doesn't come gunning.

KK

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

OoRah! This news made my coffee taste extra sweet this morning! :)
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Can't wait for the 'Way to Go' from the Spartanburg County Sherrif.

Awesome use of deadly force. I just hope the other guy keeps running and doesn't come gunning.

KK
    Hoo-ray for our side! I think.

Every time I read about a citizen defending themselves like this, I think of the gang reprisals, the law suites brought by the survivors of the "he was such a good boy" criminal and the repercussions from our own law enforcement agencies. I've read article after article about home owners that loose everything because they defended their castle. The same is said of the innocent bystander that defends against a would be robber.

This all proves to me, at least, that there needs to be as much effort to change tort as we put into changing the restrictions on gun ownership.

All this having been said.... I don't think it would change my response in a robbery situation. The article eludes to the citizen effecting a citizens arrest. A conversation I had with a neighbor got me doing some research on the Florida statutes regarding citizen arrest. Anyone else look into their states statutes? And does anyone think of the consequences before they act or do most of us act and then think?

And just in case the Sheriff doesn't step to the podium... Way to GO!!!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Flanmedic51 Guest

Too bad a life had to be taken...but thanks to the ccp holder, many were spared. Good for him to act and to squeeze the trigger at the moment of truth. This is why we carry...the Sheepdogs!! :)

Another dirtbag sent to that "Great Penitentiary in The Sky." No Air conditioning, canteen, ...or parole!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post

Every time I read about a citizen defending themselves like this, I think of the gang reprisals, the law suites brought by the survivors of the "he was such a good boy" criminal and the repercussions from our own law enforcement agencies. I've read article after article about home owners that loose everything because they defended their castle. The same is said of the innocent bystander that defends against a would be robber.

This all proves to me, at least, that there needs to be as much effort to change tort as we put into changing the restrictions on gun ownership.

All this having been said.... I don't think it would change my response in a robbery situation. The article eludes to the citizen effecting a citizens arrest. A conversation I had with a neighbor got me doing some research on the Florida statutes regarding citizen arrest. Anyone else look into their states statutes? And does anyone think of the consequences before they act or do most of us act and then think?

A citizen defending himself? How was he defending himself? He only needed to defend himself because he decided to get involved. So many things can go wrong that sometimes it's best not to get involved. What if the BG sees your gun, opens fire in your direction, and hits innocent bystanders? What if he kills you? I would certainly be in a civill suit in my neck of the woods for shooting this guy. You need to think long and hard about these scenarios before leaving the house with a firearm.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S:262927

A citizen defending himself? How was he defending himself? He only needed to defend himself because he decided to get involved. So many things can go wrong that sometimes it's best not to get involved. What if the BG sees your gun, opens fire in your direction, and hits innocent bystanders? What if he kills you? I would certainly be in a civill suit in my neck of the woods for shooting this guy. You need to think long and hard about these scenarios before leaving the house with a firearm.
    We're not responsible for the bad guy, just ourselves. If he kills an innocent, that's on him not us. What if I don't do something and he shoots my wife? In my neck of the woods, this lac would get a free lunch.

I do agree you should think long and hard about scenarios, and decide who you are. Whoever you choose to be is fine, as long as you are comfortable with the decision.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was waiting for Rich_S and his give them what they want post.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S:262927

This falls directly in the "you weren't there, you have no idea, put your bias away" category.

The CCer made his choice, I think it was right, since I want there, and I would back him.
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast