30-minute National Gun Carry Informercial...Why not? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

30-minute National Gun Carry Informercial...Why not?

This is a discussion on 30-minute National Gun Carry Informercial...Why not? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I feel it is a wonderful idea! As mentioned before, as long as everything was backed by facts and truth, ...

I feel it is a wonderful idea! As mentioned before, as long as everything was backed by facts and truth, who cares what or how the "antis" felt. Reminds me of when I wrote a paper for my Composition II class in college. I wrote about firearm accidents and the low rate it had (with sources), the professor would not accept it because of the firearm issue. So I re-wrote one on vehicle accidents, that rate was much much higher! (she accepted THAT paper)So, yes, the "antis" would most likely be out there against it. LETS DO IT ANYWAY!!
    The nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten
    VFW Life Member
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    We need to quit being p*****s and worried about what is politically correct. PC is dead! There are a few 1 hour programs celebrating the gun like Sons of Guns, American Guns, Top Shot, Ultimate Weapons, Triggers so why not the Second Amendment Channel---everything you want to know about firearms and the right to bear arms. The hell with the limp-wristed, snot nose, whiny liberals and their anti-gun agenda.
    Some of my favorite shows.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Raider-3 View Post
    Somebody will have to pay for it. That's probably the biggest issue.
    Ultimately we do. Most if not all shows are paid for by sponsors who sell the products we buy and if the ads are firearm related that can't be so bad right?
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Why not the NRA? Don't they make enough money? Isn't that idea exactly what they are there for?
    IMHO, and remember, it's MHO, (based on much reading) that the NRA is there to fight JUST ENOUGH to keep the fight going. The NRA will not fight gun control tooth and nail in order to fully restore our rights and put gun control where it belongs as that would pretty much end their (supposed) mission requiring many of the management/associates to lose their position. Also, fewer members would contribute which would lessen the till.

Any gun rights group that supports the existence of the BATFE is not on my side. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

JPFO has produced a number of good, high quality, fact checked films that if they alone were put on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PMS, etc there would be a ground swell of support for CCW and for the erasing of many gun laws along with the flushing of the BATFE. The films are made. It's up to us to get the discs, watch them and pass them around.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by swsd40 View Post
    I feel it is a wonderful idea! As mentioned before, as long as everything was backed by facts and truth, who cares what or how the "antis" felt. Reminds me of when I wrote a paper for my Composition II class in college. I wrote about firearm accidents and the low rate it had (with sources), the professor would not accept it because of the firearm issue. So I re-wrote one on vehicle accidents, that rate was much much higher! (she accepted THAT paper)So, yes, the "antis" would most likely be out there against it. LETS DO IT ANYWAY!!
    I'm seeing things in a new light.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

ESD
    ESD is offline U.S. ARMY VETERAN

Thank you all for your comments. I think I've gotten a letter in the mail from the NRA every month, of every year, that I've been a member? They've never been shy about asking me for money? They've got money! But I don't think the cost of an infomercial should rest solely on the depths of their pockets. All manufacturers of firearms, and, or manufacturers of firearm accessories, should pay it forward too! How many commercials have you seen on Wednesday Night at the Range from Ruger, Midway USA, Taurus, Cheaper Than Dirt, Smith & Wesson, Shooting USA, etc... If they can afford commercials on primetime television, they can afford to kick a little booty to the cause?

Almost every gun show, or gun site related to handguns or the 2nd Amendment; has a forum, and an opportunity to join the NRA? Makes you think don't it? Someone said earlier, that if the NRA helped with an idea like this, that it would cut into their fundraising? I don't know why it would? But it's funny that everyone has a forum so we can argue with each other about this, that, and whatever else we can come up with? Why not get the truth out there to all the citizens, armed and educated...unarmed and uneducated? At least we could cure some myths about the powers of LE, and uncover the facts about "method of carry"!
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

santa is offline santa

How much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for such a show?

You may just be on to something here.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

ESD
    ESD is offline U.S. ARMY VETERAN

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    You may just be on to something here.
    I don't know if I'm on to anything Phillip? lol! But I'm throwing the idea out there. Why we can have all these educational "hunting" shows, and not one to educated us on our rights, responsibilities, state by state legislation, and reciprocity? And I'm scratching my head and thinking "why didn't someone think of this before?" Now I wish I had the proper connections?$? lol
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

Because I understand the original intent of the Constitution of these united States, (please notice use of capitalization), I believe this is a State's Rights issue. If you don't like your state's laws, work to change them, or move to another State that has a people more to your liking.

What?? Driver License Reciprocity? I feel exactly the same on that subject. What area NOT SPECIFICALLY given to the Federal for jurisdiction remains the power of THE STATE. Please read ALL of the Federalist papers/writings.

Regarding the NRA, Department of Energy, NEA, IT Consultants, and many professional orgs/groups:
    If they do the job they proport, being out of work is their goal. In actuality they perform an opposite function for perpetuity of the business model.

I too, will sell you a membership for the NRA at a discount because of other benefits I get for being affiliated. Yet, I have several instances in my own State that NRA was/is backing anti-gun politicians & legislation even after having been notified by 000s that they were backing the wrong side (ie; Sharon Angle vs. Harry Reid, Jackie Knots vs SC GRGR).
    Don't let PUBLIC EDUCATION be responsible for your legacy of "Gun Control". If you don't train them, who will?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast