30-minute National Gun Carry Informercial...Why not?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

30-minute National Gun Carry Informercial...Why not?

This is a discussion on 30-minute National Gun Carry Informercial...Why not? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; We have hunting shows, we have shooting shows, we have personal defense scenario shows. But what we don't have is ...

ESD
    ESD is offline U.S. ARMY VETERAN

Default 30-minute National Gun Carry Informercial...Why not?

We have hunting shows, we have shooting shows, we have personal defense scenario shows. But what we don't have is an Informercial type program to inform the public of their gun rights. Why not? Why can't someone come up with a 30-minute spot on late night television to inform the public of their gun rights? National, and statewide laws, gun rights legislation in the news, sponsor spotlight of guns and gun accessories, etc... And why can 't this spot be paid for by gun business sponsorship? NRA, Gun Manufacturers, and gun accessories manufactureres could all afford to kick in alittle to make this happen.

Now I'm not talking about showing this infomercial on certain channels, or on gun show night. I'd like to see the program every night of the week, on several different channels. And upgrade it weekly with new information.

I just think it's time for the industry to pay it forward. Why should unsuspecting, uneducated, or unlegislated citizens continue to suffer fines, penalties, or other unwarranted law enforcement encounters just because Joe Citizen doesn't know our gun laws?

I'm just curious what you guys think of this idea? Sure we know alot of our local state gun laws....but I don't know them all, and I'm quite sure I don't know other state's gun laws. So why not have that 2nd ammendment television show? Sure you can buy a Shamo, or Timelife's rockin to the 70's CD collection? So why not an informercial with actual "info" that we can all benefit from?
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

Good question and idea. I applaud the thought. But the thought of having an anti-gun group (brady bunch) starting their own program in retaliation for this is just sickening. And sadly, most major networks probably wouldn't carry it because of the controversy.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

ESD
    ESD is offline U.S. ARMY VETERAN

No controversy. Just educational information about the 2nd amendment, our gun rights, and gun laws. If everything is fact-based, then I guess the anti's wouldn't have anything to ***** about would they? I'd just like to see something shown on television giving fact-based information about the 2nd amendment, gun rights, and state gun laws? Educate the uneducated!
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

chiefpropellerhead is offline Chiefpropellerhead
    Charleston, South Carolina, United States

I think this is an AWESOME idea...

Quote Originally Posted by ESD View Post
    No controversy. Just educational information about the 2nd amendment, our gun rights, and gun laws. If everything is fact-based, then I guess the anti's wouldn't have anything to ***** about would they? I'd just like to see something shown on television giving fact-based information about the 2nd amendment, gun rights, and state gun laws? Educate the uneducated!
    Maybe it could work. I do like the idea. By the way, thank you for your service.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

Somebody will have to pay for it. That's probably the biggest issue.

You produce it and I'll give it a look. Unfortunately, if you think the Brady Bunch will not be able to respond because you told the truth I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. Then again they will tell their lie whether others tell the truth or not. Five years ago they said a self defense show would never work now they are all over the place.
    NRA,
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund
    http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

We need to quit being p*****s and worried about what is politically correct. PC is dead! There are a few 1 hour programs celebrating the gun like Sons of Guns, American Guns, Top Shot, Ultimate Weapons, Triggers so why not the Second Amendment Channel---everything you want to know about firearms and the right to bear arms. The hell with the limp-wristed, snot nose, whiny liberals and their anti-gun agenda.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    We need to quit being p*****s and worried about what is politically correct. PC is dead! There are a few 1 hour programs celebrating the gun like Sons of Guns, American Guns, Top Shot, Ultimate Weapons, Triggers so why not the Second Amendment Channel---everything you want to know about firearms and the right to bear arms. The hell with the limp-wristed, snot nose, whiny liberals and their anti-gun agenda.
    I agree with you and wouldn't have thought of this without your post. I THINK one easy way to get started with an infomercial or similar type show would be to contact "Sons of Guns", "American Guns" and all the other shows to see if they can either preface the show or end it with a "Second Amendment Commentary".

Similar to what Andy Rooney did on 60 Minutes.

Firefighterchen is online now OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Raider-3 View Post
    Somebody will have to pay for it. That's probably the biggest issue.
    Why not the NRA? Don't they make enough money? Isn't that idea exactly what they are there for?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast