Hiding guns around the house
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hiding guns around the house

This is a discussion on Hiding guns around the house within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; When I took a handgun safety course, I remember the instructor talking about his buddy hiding guns all around the ...

Cooter is offline Liberty or Death

Default Hiding guns around the house

When I took a handgun safety course, I remember the instructor talking about his buddy hiding guns all around the house. He said no matter where he was in the house, he was never more than 3 feet away from a gun. He pointed out that if a BG came into his house, then HE wouldn't be more than 3 feet from a gun either.
    I have a couple of guns in other rooms besides the bedroom. I have a Glock on me 99% of the time, but I'd like to think I have increased protection in my home, and I'm not always in my bedroom.
    What do you all think about stashing firearms around the house?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Be very careful about stashing guns. BG aren't as stupid as we make them out to be. They're pretty good at finding stuff that we think is "well hidden". I'd stash mags and speed loaders at most. Stashing a firearm is going a little too far.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I was just having this discussion earlier today. I see several different options. One either you carry with you at all times and have a gun by your side when you sleep, you can stash guns all around your house, or you have have a super tight primary security protocol that gives you time to get to a gun before the threat gets to you. I like the idea of hiding guns around the house not only for the capability of access, but also for the capability of storage. If the bad men come to confiscate your guns, maybe they will miss a few. I always thought of rocking them into the walls near power outlets if it got real bad. That way metal detectors would think its a power line. Then if you need it you can punch/kick through the wall to get to it. Obviously for safety reasons you would want them for easier access in the purpose of SD. My biggest concern here is safety and security of the gun. If you may have little ones running around, other than your own, I would be worried about them getting access to the guns. They always seem to find a way. I would also worry about an intruder finding them. Everytime you think you have a good hiding spot the intruder will demonstrate that it was not. There are a few funiture items out there designed to hide stuff. A wall clock that can hide a glock, a coat rack that can hide a small shotgun. I would see those potentially working. I also thought about those wall safes that fit between the studs. Its a four button combo and the door flies open, a holster swings out, and your good to go. What I would really like to see is some sort of wall mounted system for closets or in drawers, etc. The gun/shotgun could be securely encased, but it could be realeased simply by putting your thumb on a biometric pad. That would be the best option. I'm not sure if that helped at all. I really like the idea of hiding guns in separate places, but I personally am not sure how to do it in a way that would make me feel comfortable yet. I want them secure, but I also want really quick access. Anybody else have any ideas???
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Cooter is offline Liberty or Death

Did anyone ever see that movie the Punisher? I love that scene with the huge German guy, and the punisher keeps pulling out guns around his house. :hilarious:
    I need to stash a hand grenade in the back of the toilet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

I keep one on me. Then I have one by the bed. I also have one in the corner of the den in case my wife is here alone. She has a permit, but doesn't keep one on her at all times.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I like the idea of good hiding places around the house for guns.. I was thinking yesterday about how I would do it or where.. the way that they are flushing our constitution down teh toilet it is only a matter of time when they come to collect all firearms to destroy them...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I am retired. and disabled, I am at Home 95% of the time alone, and I am always armed, My daughter thinks this is dumb at home...... I say its being Prepared for anything, and if my gun is on my side I always know where it is, if I need it, I pray I never will..... As far as hiding guns around the house. I don't do that, its safer that way, Don't want a BG to find, and use............
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Default stash guns

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I like the idea of good hiding places around the house for guns.. I was thinking yesterday about how I would do it or where.. the way that they are flushing our constitution down teh toilet it is only a matter of time when they come to collect all firearms to destroy them...

You might want to stash some in PVC pipe and hide under ground for later. As far as around the house I have done that before. If you do be sure to remember where they are and put them away if any children come to visit. Now days I have one in the bedroom and I keep my carry gun with me i and my wife has her's so we are not far away at any time.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I had a friend that lived in Dania, FL. He had several handguns scattered around the house in inconspicuous places. The reason: he had been burgled several times and his insurance company was tired of it and threatened to cancel his insurance. He had put the firearms in their places after the first burglary; none were found on subsequent burglaries. The only problem I saw with this was that children might stumble on them. But, this guy and his wife did not have children.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

I'm kind of leery of leaving loaded weapons around, hidden or not. I'm assuming that these hidden weapons are not locked in anyway or what would be the use. Those that have or have had kids know that kids WILL find them. Even if trained in gun handling, kids are kids! Here in MI the legal ramifications should an accident happen, (or be stolen), by an unsecurerd weapon is ugly. Best idea of all is just to have it on you at all times.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast