FL gang busted with dangerous "anti-tank weapon" - HA

FL gang busted with dangerous "anti-tank weapon" - HA

This is a discussion on FL gang busted with dangerous "anti-tank weapon" - HA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; If this isn't the most irresponsible fear-mongering headling, I don't know what is: Anti-Tank Grenade Launcher Seized In Massive Crime ...

Default FL gang busted with dangerous "anti-tank weapon" - HA

If this isn't the most irresponsible fear-mongering headling, I don't know what is:

Anti-Tank Grenade Launcher Seized In Massive Crime Ring Bust

http://www.wftv.com/news/15785942/detail.html

I read the story thinking that I'd be reading about a gang that had gotten their hands on an AT-4, a LAAW, or an RPG. But lo and behold, it's a WWII British PIAT launcher that hasn't been in service since 1950.

So, anybody got any spare PIAT rounds sitting around? If not, then this bad ass FL gang essentially has a spring gun.

Unbelievable.
    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin
    (1706 - 1790)

Even without a live round, deputies showed off the power of a WWII-era grenade launcher Thursday. Whoooooo how can you show the power of something with out a live round. This is one of the most Irresponsible storys I have ever read.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

They could have creeped up on someone and clocked them in the back if the head with it!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    They could have creeped up on someone and clocked them in the back if the head with it!
    Or startle them with the sound of the spring.

DOING!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Or startle them with the sound of the spring.

DOING!
    LOL!!! Nice!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Cooter is offline Liberty or Death

I bet it was all for show. They can say 'they got the biggest gat around.' Probably just a novelty weapon, never intending to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I bet it was all for show. They can say 'they got the biggest gat around.' Probably just a novelty weapon, never intending to use it.
    one can only hope
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I can't believe the media would do something like this. Oh wait. Nevermind
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.