West Virginia to offer Hunter Safety in Schools

West Virginia to offer Hunter Safety in Schools

This is a discussion on West Virginia to offer Hunter Safety in Schools within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Hooray for West Virginia! http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read.cfm?ID=2263 West Virginia Governor Signs Hunter Safety Education Bill April 7, 2008 (West Virginia) West Virginia ...

Default West Virginia to offer Hunter Safety in Schools

Hooray for West Virginia!

http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read.cfm?ID=2263

West Virginia Governor Signs Hunter Safety Education Bill

April 7, 2008 (West Virginia)

West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin III has signed a bill helping to ensure the state’s continued rich hunting heritage.

Signed into law on April 1, Senate Bill 9 directs the West Virginia Board of Education to develop a hunter safety program for use in the state’s public schools.

The program, which will be conducted by an instructor certified by the Division of Natural Resources, may be offered over a two-week period to students in grades six through twelve. The program can be part of physical education classes, the general education curriculum or offered to students at the end of the school day.

Participation in the program is voluntary for students and anyone not wanting to take part will participate in another educational activity.

I can just hear the liberals squeal now. Way to go West Virginia.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What a great idea! Come on SC and follow suit!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

That's great! I had a hunters safety course in school in the mid to late eighties. I think we all had fun and nobody got hurt.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

that is awesome! the rest of the states should get on board with that.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!