What is the limit of the right to keep and bear arms? - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

What is the limit of the right to keep and bear arms?

This is a discussion on What is the limit of the right to keep and bear arms? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by localgirl Oh lord...here we go.... Around and around and.........

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Oh lord...here we go....
    Around and around and......
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    I know I'm coming in late in the argument however...

The OP was, to me, a disguised question of where do we draw the line in the description of what an "arm" is and therefore does the 2A have limitations to what type of 'arm' is protected under the 2A.
    Just wanted to comment on this. I don't think Walt intended this but to me the word "disguised" implies a deliberate attempt to deceive as to the intent of my question. This was not my intent.

I thought the question was clearly stated.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I never said training will prevent all accidents. So, your argument is: B/c we can never prevent all accidents, we shouldn't even try.
    The only person saying that is you. every one else has been very clear training is good, Federally Mandated Training is bad. If the government sets the standard they will eventually set it so high no one is qualified

And, b/c the 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything about restricting arms use by peoples who are un-fit to operate them, we shouldn't restrict their ability to use them.
    Again, no one but you (and maybe no gods) is saying that. If fact the fifth amend ment makes provision for revokinjg a person's RKBA by due process of law

Okay, good luck with that too. I'm sure you can go find some really irresponsible people, give them a gun, and hope for the best. Yeah, you do that.
    You are more than welcome to post a link to any post in this thread that says that. We'll wait
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Just wanted to comment on this. I don't think Walt intended this but to me the word "disguised" implies a deliberate attempt to deceive as to the intent of my question. This was not my intent.

I thought the question was clearly stated.
    Nope, You're right. I was not inferring that there was any attempt to deceive. Maybe "disguised" wasn't the best work to use on my part.....
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

The only person saying that is you. every one else has been very clear training is good, Federally Mandated Training is bad. If the government sets the standard they will eventually set it so high no one is qualified

Again, no one but you (and maybe no gods) is saying that. If fact the fifth amend ment makes provision for revokinjg a person's RKBA by due process of law

You are more than welcome to post a link to any post in this thread that says that. We'll wait
    You're not very good at interpreting things beyond face value are you? You're funny man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

I see no need for any private citizen to own grenades, rocket launchers, explosives, flamethrowers, WMDs, etc. Not having any of those things doesn't compromise anyone's ability to to protect themselves, their family, or their homes. Such things in the hands of John Q. Public would only serve to endanger the lives of everyone around them instead of making things safer.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I see no need for any private citizen to own grenades, rocket launchers, explosives, flamethrowers, WMDs, etc. Not having any of those things doesn't compromise anyone's ability to to protect themselves, their family, or their homes. Such things in the hands of John Q. Public would only serve to endanger the lives of everyone around them instead of making things safer.
    Your avarage citizen can own a flame thrower they are considered agricultural implements now.

That said I believe that use of a flame thrower against any human target should be outlawed under the laws of land warfare. That is an ugly, ugly, way to die

Wink

Anti!!! Anti!!! Troll!!! You're such an anti!!!!!!!!!!!!

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

Your avarage citizen can own a flame thrower they are considered agricultural implements now.
    True, and anyone can make a flamethrower of sorts with stuff that can be bought at Home Depot or the like. I was speaking more along the lines of large capacity, military-grade napalm projectors.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

True, and anyone can make a flamethrower of sorts with stuff that can be bought at Home Depot or the like. I was speaking more along the lines of large capacity, military-grade napalm projectors.
    Oh, see, now, I'm pretty sure I need that.
    Ton up!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast