What is the limit of the right to keep and bear arms? - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 192
Like Tree164Likes

What is the limit of the right to keep and bear arms?

This is a discussion on What is the limit of the right to keep and bear arms? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by localgirl Oh lord...here we go.... Around and around and.........

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Oh lord...here we go....
    Around and around and......
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

  2. #122
    Treo's Avatar
    Treo is offline Bullet Proof
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    I know I'm coming in late in the argument however...



    The OP was, to me, a disguised question of where do we draw the line in the description of what an "arm" is and therefore does the 2A have limitations to what type of 'arm' is protected under the 2A.
    Just wanted to comment on this. I don't think Walt intended this but to me the word "disguised" implies a deliberate attempt to deceive as to the intent of my question. This was not my intent.

    I thought the question was clearly stated.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  3. #123
    Treo's Avatar
    Treo is offline Bullet Proof
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I never said training will prevent all accidents. So, your argument is: B/c we can never prevent all accidents, we shouldn't even try.
    The only person saying that is you. every one else has been very clear training is good, Federally Mandated Training is bad. If the government sets the standard they will eventually set it so high no one is qualified


    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    And, b/c the 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything about restricting arms use by peoples who are un-fit to operate them, we shouldn't restrict their ability to use them.
    Again, no one but you (and maybe no gods) is saying that. If fact the fifth amend ment makes provision for revokinjg a person's RKBA by due process of law

    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Okay, good luck with that too. I'm sure you can go find some really irresponsible people, give them a gun, and hope for the best. Yeah, you do that.
    You are more than welcome to post a link to any post in this thread that says that. We'll wait
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Just wanted to comment on this. I don't think Walt intended this but to me the word "disguised" implies a deliberate attempt to deceive as to the intent of my question. This was not my intent.

    I thought the question was clearly stated.
    Nope, You're right. I was not inferring that there was any attempt to deceive. Maybe "disguised" wasn't the best work to use on my part.....
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

  5. #125
    gunnerbob's Avatar
    gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    4,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The only person saying that is you. every one else has been very clear training is good, Federally Mandated Training is bad. If the government sets the standard they will eventually set it so high no one is qualified




    Again, no one but you (and maybe no gods) is saying that. If fact the fifth amend ment makes provision for revokinjg a person's RKBA by due process of law



    You are more than welcome to post a link to any post in this thread that says that. We'll wait
    You're not very good at interpreting things beyond face value are you? You're funny man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  6. #126
    B2Tall's Avatar
    B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    I see no need for any private citizen to own grenades, rocket launchers, explosives, flamethrowers, WMDs, etc. Not having any of those things doesn't compromise anyone's ability to to protect themselves, their family, or their homes. Such things in the hands of John Q. Public would only serve to endanger the lives of everyone around them instead of making things safer.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  7. #127
    Treo's Avatar
    Treo is offline Bullet Proof
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I see no need for any private citizen to own grenades, rocket launchers, explosives, flamethrowers, WMDs, etc. Not having any of those things doesn't compromise anyone's ability to to protect themselves, their family, or their homes. Such things in the hands of John Q. Public would only serve to endanger the lives of everyone around them instead of making things safer.
    Your avarage citizen can own a flame thrower they are considered agricultural implements now.

    That said I believe that use of a flame thrower against any human target should be outlawed under the laws of land warfare. That is an ugly, ugly, way to die
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,861

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I see no need for any private citizen to own grenades, rocket launchers, explosives, flamethrowers, WMDs, etc. Not having any of those things doesn't compromise anyone's ability to to protect themselves, their family, or their homes. Such things in the hands of John Q. Public would only serve to endanger the lives of everyone around them instead of making things safer.

    Anti!!! Anti!!! Troll!!! You're such an anti!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #129
    B2Tall's Avatar
    B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Your avarage citizen can own a flame thrower they are considered agricultural implements now.
    True, and anyone can make a flamethrower of sorts with stuff that can be bought at Home Depot or the like. I was speaking more along the lines of large capacity, military-grade napalm projectors.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    True, and anyone can make a flamethrower of sorts with stuff that can be bought at Home Depot or the like. I was speaking more along the lines of large capacity, military-grade napalm projectors.
    Oh, see, now, I'm pretty sure I need that.
    Ton up!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •