Suspect tries to run over officer

Suspect tries to run over officer

This is a discussion on Suspect tries to run over officer within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I guess this guy can be charged with attempted assault with 2 deadly weapons. http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=8136874 Suspect facing charges for trying ...

Default Suspect tries to run over officer

I guess this guy can be charged with attempted assault with 2 deadly weapons.

http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=8136874

Suspect facing charges for trying to run over officer, pulling gun
    Posted: April 8, 2008 03:42 PM
    Updated: April 8, 2008 04:55 PM

KNOXVILLE (WATE) -- A man will be charged with aggravated assault of an officer after an official with the Knox County Sheriff's Office says he showed a gun and tried to run over a deputy.
    The suspect is Sherman Casby, 32.
    Officers went to Casby's home to serve a warrant on him Tuesday afternoon. In the process, Casby drove up, pulled a gun and tried to run over a deputy.
    The deputy fired two shots. One hit Casby's tire.
    Casby left his car at Windsor Court Apartments at 614 Cedar Lane.
    Officers searched Casby's home and say they found drugs. They're still looking for him.

David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I have said all along that only the police should have cars. If you don't believe me ask any one that knows Ted Kennedy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I have said all along that only the police should have cars. If you don't believe me ask any one that knows Ted Kennedy.
    LOL! Thanks for the laugh!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

So 2 shots were fired and one hit the tire. Please tell me they were aiming at the tires and not the suspect!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    So 2 shots were fired and one hit the tire. Please tell me they were aiming at the tires and not the suspect!
    Simple answer, they wanted the guy alive so that they could "tune him up" on the way to the police station.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    hahaha of course they must have been aiming for the tire. why would they shoot at the suspect in a situation like this?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!