Whats your opinion on the florida shooting? - Page 50
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Like Tree428Likes

Whats your opinion on the florida shooting?

This is a discussion on Whats your opinion on the florida shooting? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Uh...either way Zimmerman is the predator and Martin the prey. Thanks for pointing that out for us....

Uh...either way Zimmerman is the predator and Martin the prey. Thanks for pointing that out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Of course you won't be offended if some of us disagree with your assessment.
    Of course not - as I recall, the topic heading asked for our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    try this map of the crime scene - looking for a street sign in the backyards of townhouses? Have you ever received email from a Nigerian lawyer with 2 billion dollars he needs to transfer?
    It is said that a small mind resorts to personal insults. I shall not drop to your level.
    NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran - 95 Bravo
    "A recent police study found that you're much more likely to get shot by a fat cop if you run." - Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MilShooter View Post
    It is said that a small mind resorts to personal insults. I shall not drop to your level.
    Perhaps you didn't read what you wrote...or you didn't understand the irony. Small minds indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by pafindr View Post
    Funny that you post that picture of a representation of what MIGHT have happened but you don't post the other picture of what MIGHT have happened. Both are located on the same page.

Both pictures can be found here Bcc:List.com
    Good grief. You mean the NY lawyer who spent his 30-year career constrained by strict rules of evidence resorted to using a Google Maps satellite photo with a bunch of lines and arrows drawn on it by a freakin' blogger that has zip, zero, nada to do with the case as substantiation for a premise he himself accepted from the likes of Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton, Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson, a platoon of loud-mouthed, pussillanimous poltroons calling themselves the "New Black Panther Party" and then that whacky gem of a Congress-critter, Rep. Frederica Wilson????

Un-freakin'-believable.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Thumbs down

The States probable cause affidavit reads like it was drafted by the NBC producer that got fired for doctoring the tape.

Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    The States probable cause affidavit reads like it was drafted by the NBC producer that got fired for doctoring the tape.

Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’
    Enlightening, to say the least. Thanks for posting the link. I read the Affidavit, but not being a lawyer, I had no idea what should or should not have been contained therein. But when I watched the press conference, all I saw, through my jaundiced eye was another politically-motivated prosecutor with an eye toward the future for a higher (elected) office. While she is not good at it, she really used theatrical flourish (and scads of makeup) to make the announcement. I really expected something more. I don't know what I expected, but for a charge of 2nd Degree Murder, I thought there should be something in the Arrest Affidavit that was a more complete description of the event.

But I can also affirm that I was not surprised by the (in my opinion) politically-motivated prosecution. In order to maintain any semblance of order in the Sanford area, I guess that some charge had to be made against Zimmerman. I saw one news report yesterday (on a local, Philadelphia news broadcast) that "Zimmerman's location was unknown, therefore a manhunt was necessary to locate him..." I thought he turned himself in to authorities.

Sometimes, I like Dershowitz and sometimes he grates on me. But I always respect his opinion. Among those with the credentials to make a comment on the Affidavit, Alan Dershowitz is on the short list. Yet I still object to the seeming self-aggrandizement of all of the "pundits" in this case.
    NRA Life Member, US Army Veteran - 95 Bravo
    "A recent police study found that you're much more likely to get shot by a fat cop if you run." - Dennis Miller

Ohh and one more thing, I am referring to you: (" I don't see how you can be an instructor with all those certifications, without understanding the concept; of an unfamiliar person in an area, being asked what they are doing there, as a safety and security question. But your response and action is to be belligerent because the person doesn't display a hallowed symbol of authority (a badge).') the way you respond when challenged" (" I can't even remember how many times I've ignored or told someone to ---- off!").

Needlessly escalating a situation to what purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    And then you did exactly what you accused me of. You want some authority to question my suitability to own a firearm becuase you disagree with my position of neutrality? Must I bow to your position? Are the CCW police coming to take my license away? Oh no!

What is a "NY" cop mentality? What type of NY cop? NY City? Some hick town up North? Specify where this comes from? Some study been done to show cops from NY all think alike. Does it stop at the state line or do you include Vermont and PA cops? Do I support all cops? Do you know me? Do you know what I teach?

How much self-defense training have you had? Where? Top training academy's? Ever been involved in a shooting? Anyone in the family been murdered? Are you talking from experience or just puffing that bird chest up and running your fingers? Owning a firearm qualifies you in no way to be an expert on self defense much the same as playing computer games doesn't qualify you as a software engineer. Also what rights to safety and security are your referring to under FL or federal statutes? You have a lot of questions to answer so get crackin'.

My job is to teach a skill-set, not a mind-set. I can provide the defensive skills but despite all my education I can't stop the ignorant from applying them poorly. But I CAN educate them on the aftermath of a real shooting. Something the shooter is learning the hard way.

Read my later post. I reserved judgement on this until the facts are known... something you might care to do. You have absolutely no idea what the facts of this case are.

Now go hump some one else's leg.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

@ MilShooter... I don't know where that Philadelphia newsgroup got that info about having to have a manhunt. Everything described by the PA indicated that FDLE (Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement) knew where he was at all times, and that he was very cooperative. They were in enough contact to tell him exactly where the FDLE was (Jacksonville) so he could come directly there. Media types.... sheeesh!

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950