what is north Carolina's rules on open carry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

what is north Carolina's rules on open carry

This is a discussion on what is north Carolina's rules on open carry within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Hi I am moving to moorsville nc in a month and I have my concealed carry permit for pa I ...

Default what is north Carolina's rules on open carry

Hi I am moving to moorsville nc in a month and I have my concealed carry permit for pa I was wondering what the laws were on open carrying in nc.

open carry is permitted, but certain cities have different laws...

OpenCarry.org - State Information For North Carolina
    Taurus 24/7 Pro C DS .45acp----Taurus 738 TCP .380
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm----Ruger Super Blackhawk .44----GSG 1911-22 Tac.

Like jhodge said it is permitted but check local laws & no carry in a place selling alcohol for consumption on premesis. Download the laws from this nc link,

http://www.ncsheriffs.org/firearms.htm

Also mooresvile is a nice town as far as i can tell, i live just south of charlotte in SC which has no open carry :( unless hunting/fishing.
    Romans 12:18 NKJV

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Quote Originally Posted by kevnrm View Post
    Like jhodge said it is permitted but check local laws & no carry in a place selling alcohol for consumption on premesis. Download the laws from this nc link,

North Carolina Sheriffs' Association

Also mooresvile is a nice town as far as i can tell, i live just south of charlotte in SC which has no open carry :( unless hunting/fishing.
    ahhh yes...forgot the restaurant/alcohol carry provision. luckily for us in SC it looks like we may get that ability soon.
    Taurus 24/7 Pro C DS .45acp----Taurus 738 TCP .380
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm----Ruger Super Blackhawk .44----GSG 1911-22 Tac.

I sure hope so.
    Romans 12:18 NKJV

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Well thanks I appreciate it a lot. It is a new world down here not as laid back like in my home town where ya have Amish for neighbors lol.

One "caveat" to the open carry law that most probably don't know but has been pointed out to me by gun shops when asked about the issue:

§ 14‑288.3. Provisions of Article intended to supplement common law and other statutes.
    The provisions of this Article are intended to supersede and extend the coverage of the common‑law crimes of riot and inciting to riot. To the extent that such common‑law offenses may embrace situations not covered under the provisions of this Article, however, criminal prosecutions may be brought for such crimes under the common law. All other provisions of the Article are intended to be supplementary and additional to the common law and other statutes of this State and, except as specifically indicated, shall not be construed to abrogate, abolish, or supplant other provisions of law. In particular, this Article shall not be deemed to abrogate, abolish, or supplant such common‑law offenses as unlawful assembly, rout, conspiracy to commit riot or other criminal offenses, false imprisonment, and going about armed to the terror of the populace and other comparable public‑nuisance offenses. (1969, c. 869, s. 1.)

As I understand, if someone complains that you are, for example, brandishing a weapon and it frightened them or their children, this could be considered "to the terror of the populace".

I haven't confirmed this with any "official", but it's nice to know.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by ToddR:294335
    null
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/north-carolina-discussion-firearm-news/20494-north-carolina-open-carry.html

Check that out for some good information.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

ToddR, I'm a NC law enforcement graduate. You my friend, indeed are Correct on the Armed to the terror of the public law.

plain and simple dont open carry here in nc unless you want to see the inside of a jail cell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast