Stand your ground Law... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree49Likes

Stand your ground Law...

This is a discussion on Stand your ground Law... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; The hard thing to teach liberals is that playing dead like an opossum doesn't work in the world of humans, ...

The hard thing to teach liberals is that playing dead like an opossum doesn't work in the world of humans, so anyone remember the song with the words "Kick em when they are up, Kick em when they are down"? Yeah kind of like that....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    The hard thing to teach liberals is that playing dead like an opossum doesn't work in the world of humans, so anyone remember the song with the words "Kick em when they are up, Kick em when they are down"? Yeah kind of like that....
    Playing possum for a possum doesn't work with my dog either.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

maybejim is offline Maybejim

Quote Originally Posted by Flanmedic51 View Post
    Good points. My State isn't syg but the decision to shoot shouldn't change regardless of syg or duty to retreat. Unless death or serious bodily harm is present, avoid killing another should be of the utmost priority, not unlike in LE. Screaming 'drop the knife or I will shoot you' will A: Hopefully have them change their mind and B: offer a great defense if u do shoot and kill as witnesses can confirm that you gave expilicit instruction to the perp. SYG is a good law but the duty to retreat and the perception of 'Im gonna die unless I shoot' will always fall onto the shooter in defending themselves...regardless of the law.
    Frankly that's a good way to get killed or seriously injured depending on their distance from you. If they are within 21 feet, it's "drop the knife" Boom!! If they are farther away, you leave unless they are threatening a loved one.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Playing possum for a possum doesn't work with my dog either.
    So your dog's a liberal then ;-) shame on you for not being a better parent LOL...

N maybejim it's move n bang right, left, any place but do not stand still, at 21' they can still get to you with a knife and inflect terminal damage, but a moving target is safer, one shot stops are not the norm.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Clinton news network

Flanmedic51 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim:306223
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanmedic51 View Post
    Good points. My State isn't syg but the decision to shoot shouldn't change regardless of syg or duty to retreat. Unless death or serious bodily harm is present, avoid killing another should be of the utmost priority, not unlike in LE. Screaming 'drop the knife or I will shoot you' will A: Hopefully have them change their mind and B: offer a great defense if u do shoot and kill as witnesses can confirm that you gave expilicit instruction to the perp. SYG is a good law but the duty to retreat and the perception of 'Im gonna die unless I shoot' will always fall onto the shooter in defending themselves...regardless of the law.
    Frankly that's a good way to get killed or seriously injured depending on their distance from you. If they are within 21 feet, it's "drop the knife" Boom!! If they are farther away, you leave unless they are threatening a loved one.
    Ummm...thanks for the self defense lesson but I'm all good and well versed in 21' rule etc etc. You have to realize tho as long as my pistol is pulled then I have the advantage no matter how close they are. Giving them a chance to rethink bringing a knife to a gun fight suits me in MANY ways besides the obvious of taking another's life. And so what if they're 30 feet away?? I won't turn and run if that's what you're suggesting...THEY can receive that option looking down at my .45...SYG or not, that's just the smart thing to do. I don't need to be stabbed in the back when I'm 'retreating'.

Not to derail the discussion but because the knife has been mentioned I'd like to present some interesting information concerning that old adage about ... "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight." ...

Click on link "Gun vs knife at close quarters" at top left of video for more interesting videos...

Please carry on with the discussion......

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    So your dog's a liberal then ;-) shame on you for not being a better parent LOL...

N maybejim it's move n bang right, left, any place but do not stand still, at 21' they can still get to you with a knife and inflect terminal damage, but a moving target is safer, one shot stops are not the norm.
    Nope, he's a redneck dog. Believes in the "Eat more Possum" bumper stickers and allows only Ibis and Egrets in the yard.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

"Stand Your Ground " was in question, as a man entered a home he had been Ordered a 'Restraint' against. After beating the woman to the floor, he sodomized and raped her endlessly with a household device. She died......eventually. 'The Man' was her Ex husband...a Law Enforcement Officer. She, due to her mental state (highly Stressed... for some reason?) was 'restrained' from having a weapon. It happened many years ago in NM. Several dysfunctional, badged NM LEO's over the years, have performed 'distastefully'. For some reason the courts move very slowly in their cases. The Wives are not impressed with the legal system in their situations. Many are no longer alive. Hard to "Stand your ground".... when you are laying on it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234