handgun sale help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

handgun sale help

This is a discussion on handgun sale help within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I am from Iowa and would like to sell one of my handguns to a friend that lives in Wisconsin. ...

Default handgun sale help

I am from Iowa and would like to sell one of my handguns to a friend that lives in Wisconsin. Do I need to go threw a ffl or can my buddy just co
    E to Iowa and do the sale face to face? What information besides the gun and serial number should I get from him? Help on this would be great thanks.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

You need to transfer the gun through an FFL
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Im pretty sure you don't need to go through an ffl for a private sale just do a bill of sale

FFL is required if you are selling the weapon across state lines!
    When seconds count, the police is just a couple minutes away !
    Armed......Not dangerous
    NRA Member

Private sale between two people as long as it's face to face. good to go.

AOL Search
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by rich45r View Post
    Im pretty sure you don't need to go through an ffl for a private sale just do a bill of sale
    I'm pretty sure that you are dead wrong. Did you note that the sale takes place across state lines?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

This is exactly why you do not get your legal advice off the internet. There are at least 2 respondants to this thread who are fixing to get you in all kinds of trouble because they are ignorant.

You may not transfer a handgun across state lines unless you do the transfer through an FFL

He did say face ti face .that would be ok wouldn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    Private sale between two people as long as it's face to face. good to go.

AOL Search
    He did say face ti face .that would be ok wouldn't it
    Two separate felonies would be commited, one by the buyer and one by the seller. 18 USC 922 (a)(3) and (a)(5). If you don't know the law, may I suggest, perhaps, refraining from making comments that will send people to jail.

18 USC 922 - Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

18 USC 922 - Unlawful acts
    (a) It shall be unlawful—
    (3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State
    (5) for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    If you don't know the law, may I suggest, perhaps, refraining from making comments that will send people to jail.
    Where's the fun in that ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast