Batman and Robbin Neighborhood Watch Duo Arrested
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Batman and Robbin Neighborhood Watch Duo Arrested

This is a discussion on Batman and Robbin Neighborhood Watch Duo Arrested within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Men accused of pointing gun at new homeowners changing locks Robert Canoles says he was initially praised by responding officers, ...

Default Batman and Robbin Neighborhood Watch Duo Arrested

Men accused of pointing gun at new homeowners changing locks

Robert Canoles says he was initially praised by responding officers, the Associated Press reports.

"I don't know what they can charge me with," Canoles said late Monday before turning himself in, the Journal-Constitution reports. "This is my Second Amendment right. Look, this is the country out here, and we protect our own."
    Men accused of pointing gun at new homeowners changing locks

Now he knows: "aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal trespass -- were brought against Robert Canoles, a 45-year-old U.S. Army veteran, and his 18-year-old son"

Dimwits. Idiots like that give intelligent gun owners and neighborhood watch participants months worth of bad publicity to try to overcome.
    Alan, TN

SCrid2000 is offline Law Student

Quote Originally Posted by decotriumph View Post
    Dimwits. Idiots like that give intelligent gun owners and neighborhood watch participants months worth of bad publicity to try to overcome.
    My thoughts exactly. Your last life isn't in danger from someone picking someone else's lock, so you shouldn't draw your gun in that scenario.

At some point they decided: First we sneak up on the burglars. Second, we hold them at gun point. Third, we call the police.

Couldn't they have just gone straight to step 3: "Hey cops, come on down. Someone's breaking into the home next door."

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Or do the neighborly thing, grab a stool, look over the fence, and ask, "hey, do you live here now? " if they are burglars, they won't be sticking around, then call the cops.

Edit: of yea, Batman and robin were not father son...fyi
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

If I had been the homeowner, he wouldn't have had to worry about the police. Come on my property and point a gun at me, you better have a marked police car behind you and a badge showing on your person. I would have dropped him as soon as he pointed the gun at me. And I would have been within my rights. Neighborhood watch is getting to be a bigger threat than MS13!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    If I had been the homeowner, he wouldn't have had to worry about the police. Come on my property and point a gun at me, you better have a marked police car behind you and a badge showing on your person. I would have dropped him as soon as he pointed the gun at me. And I would have been within my rights. Neighborhood watch is getting to be a bigger threat than MS13!
    I wouldn't advocate trying to beat a guy who is already pointing a gun at you to the draw but there is a reason I don't care for the Neighborhood Watch
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I bet there's a fair chance they aren't even in a neighborhood watch, but the media reported it that way because they liked the sound of it. Either way, pulling your gun on people isn't part of a neighborhood watch.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    At some point they decided: First we sneak up on the burglars. Second, we hold them at gun point. Third, we call the police.

Couldn't they have just gone straight to step 3: "Hey cops, come on down. Someone's breaking into the home next door."
    That happened in Cambridge, I believe and it resulted in Obama saying the police acted stupidly and the cop and the victims got a free beer at the white house. :)

Humor aside, you would think they would just call the cops. But then I saw their pictures...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast