Boycott Bank of America?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Boycott Bank of America?

This is a discussion on Boycott Bank of America? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; LINK TO ARTICLE: Will gun owners boycott Bank of America because they ousted firearms company? - Yakima Conservative | Examiner.com ...

Default Boycott Bank of America?

LINK TO ARTICLE:
    Will gun owners boycott Bank of America because they ousted firearms company? - Yakima Conservative | Examiner.com

This is just the start.

Imagine you're an intern walking into BoA CEO Brian Moynihan's board meeting about their 2011 Net INCOME of $109 BILLION...
    $109,000,000,000

and slipping him a note that says "We just lost revenue of $10million
    $10,000,000

to the American gun owners who left us over the McMillan issue."

Just a hunch, he'd grunt and say "I can't be bothered with this". I don't think he'll put his little finger to his mouth, Dr Evil style and go, "TEN MILLION DOLLARS...!!!" $109B in revenue is about 1% the GDP of the entire United States. They are so big that they don't care and they won't care.

I went to a Credit Union long ago. :) If we really want to stand up to the mega banks, we've already severed ties and done what it takes to get out of debt to them. We aren't their debt slaves.

But, ok so you left BoA; you're one of the 10,000 gun owners who would actually back up the tough talk with action. Fine. It starts with us; good start, and it needs to happen. But, don't pat yourself on the back, just yet and waive a banner that says "Mission Accomplished". THEN, we have to take a stand for our companies, our cities and our counties to stop feeding the beasts, then our states. Sure, you're one of the gun owners who walked. You still work for a company in debt to them. You still live in a city whose muni bonds are owned by them, and for sure your state is in hoc to them. Oh, and that new gynmasium at your kids' school? Funded by BoA. Think how deep this rabbit hole goes!

Now, imagine a state and all its corporations and its cities and its counties and all its citizens not in hoc to an international banking cartel... Just imagine... what a world that would be for the people who made that decision to live that way. We, individually, corporately, and governmentally, have made some really bad bedfellows.

Again, this "gun owners' boycott" is just the start, if it's to become anything significant.

85% of gun owners have had no formal training. Tell a friend about GunClasses.Net

Grant Vlasak | Senior Instructor
    GUNCLASSES.NET (A division of Practical Training Solutions, LLC)
    PO Box 23612 | Minneapolis, MN 55423
    612.424.7955 Ext.101
    gvlasak@gunclasses.net | www.gunclasses.net

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/GunCla...65011906936565

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GunClassesnet

Bank Of America's reply should also be considered: https://www.facebook.com/BankofAmerica

They wrote: "We want to let you know that we hear your comments and questions regarding one of our customers. While we cannot discuss the details of any individual client we work with, we can assure you the allegations being made here are completely false. Bank of America does not have a policy that prohibits us from banking clients in this industry. In fact, we have numerous, longstanding customers in the industry.

We are also extremely proud of our support of the US military and reject any assertion to the contrary. We count as clients many companies that provide for our nation's defense. We employ thousands of veterans, Guardsmen, and Reservists, and plan to increase our hiring this year."

Yeah, I'm not prepared to boycott without proof, especially if Bank of America denies the accusation. There must be something else in play that has not been made public.

Quote Originally Posted by MH52 View Post
    Bank Of America's reply should also be considered: https://www.facebook.com/BankofAmerica

They wrote: "We want to let you know that we hear your comments and questions regarding one of our customers. While we cannot discuss the details of any individual client we work with, we can assure you the allegations being made here are completely false. Bank of America does not have a policy that prohibits us from banking clients in this industry. In fact, we have numerous, longstanding customers in the industry.

We are also extremely proud of our support of the US military and reject any assertion to the contrary. We count as clients many companies that provide for our nation's defense. We employ thousands of veterans, Guardsmen, and Reservists, and plan to increase our hiring this year."
    It was just on the news earlier this morning that they are laying off 200 this month and there will be more to come, so where are they hiring the military!!! Google search Bank of America dropping McMillian Corp. and it says they dropped them because they have started manufactoring firearm component instead of just supplying some products.

I was considering BOA because of our travel & Dons job in El Paso. Having accounts in a bank that is available where ever we are is good. But they have Fees to consider. Glad to hear from them that it might be a non Issue about guns. If we do sell our house & move I have to find a different bank.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

I don't get it; so... the big banking cartels that profit from war and its debt don't want us armed? I'm shocked! lol

all banks are shysters esp boa their logo alone is very telling
    gun control is being able to hit your target

They really don't care if every gun owner boycotts them.
    Raid!!! Kills bugs dead.

I have found the credit unions to be far easier to work with on any basis. Checking account? What fee? Minimum balance? Yes, $25.00! Fee for this fee for that. Who really needs BoA, except, maybe, the DNC.

When I see a no firearm sign on their doors then I will pull the plug on BofA, so far it has not happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast