Easy to cock?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Easy to cock?

This is a discussion on Easy to cock? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; My wife has expressed interest in carrying, so I'd like to get her a new gun. Trouble is she has ...

Default Easy to cock?

My wife has expressed interest in carrying, so I'd like to get her a new gun. Trouble is she has tendinitis and so a lot of guns are too hard for her to cock. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions that might help us out?

Thanks!

What are you looking to get her? Revolver or semi automatic?

I can't speak much as to a comparison of different guns with regards to this, but I can offer a quick tip for semi-autos. Rather than holding the gun and pulling the slide, she should hold the slide and push the gun. I've seen several little old ladies try this technique with amazement... It really works!

Get a revolver. No "cocking" involved.

yea i was going to suggest perhaps a revolver too
    i also like the idea of pushing the gun holding the slide i'm going to try that myself as i find my gun hard to cock now why didn't i think of that? i guess i really never had enough practice with it which is something i'm going to need to do before i start carrying it for sure
    stay safe
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Stammkyle81 is offline Stammkyle81

I echo what the other two guys said about holding the slide and pushing gun. My mother in law can chamber all of my pistols now and she has severe tendinitis.

S&W 642... simplicity... compact, lightweight, easy trigger pull, goes bang every time, nothing to think about.

Get her a Glock -- you do the checking and she just pull the trigger and it goes bang! everytime.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

My wife had a hard times with the slide until she tried overhand a few times. Now It's a piece of cake for her. She doesn't have tendonitis but she doesn't have a lot of hand strength... just a thought.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

10 Posts into this and no one is reccomending you let the wife pick out her own gun? You're slippin' folks
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast