Southpaw issues
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fudo

Southpaw issues

This is a discussion on Southpaw issues within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Found out that carrying on the left side makes getting out of my low sitting vehicles a challenge. I have ...

Default Southpaw issues

Found out that carrying on the left side makes getting out of my low sitting vehicles a challenge. I have resorted to cross carrying just because it is more comfortable and seems to be easier getting out of my vehicles. Any other lefty issues that I might face and resolutions? Thanks all

It really depends on your choice of weapons. Charter Arms makes a nice .38 snubbie that is the only true left-handed production revolver. 1911's are great if they have an ambi safety. Semi auto's like the Glock have no thumb safety and operate like a revolver, (sort of), finger on trigger-BANG, finger off trigger-NO BANG.

The trick to successful CCW is to buy a dedicated gun belt and holster combo. A proper gun belt is heavy/stiff enough to support the gun, and a holster that doesn't allow the gun to move in the holster and keep it in place. There's nothing like reaching for your gun, and its not being where you put it to tighten up the sphincter.
    I am fond of the ones from Looper Leather, in Oklahoma City. they are kydex inside and leather outside, and they look like a dress belt. The Crossbreed IWB holsters are a favorite as well.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Ringo is offline A Watchman

Quote Originally Posted by onebadelf View Post
    Found out that carrying on the left side makes getting out of my low sitting vehicles a challenge. I have resorted to cross carrying just because it is more comfortable and seems to be easier getting out of my vehicles. Any other lefty issues that I might face and resolutions? Thanks all
    I'm not a lefty, but the KL Null Crossdraw Driving Holster solved my problems. Something you might want to look into.
    The World Isn't Falling Apart, It's Falling Into Place
    "Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened".

excellent advice on the holdter adn belt. That's why I have an Springfield XDm and Kimber Ultra CDP---no safety issues for a lefty.

i have found allot of Rugers are ambidextrous. That is whyi have a couple .and yes i carry cross draw often

If you are a leftpaw (just like me).

Get your firearms with no external safeties.. ( springfield XD,XDM; Some 1911 from kimber, Glock, Khar to mention a few)

I like the charter arms revolver that Fudo was talking about. That is a refreshing little revolver...now why are you having problems getting out of your low riding cars or trucks?

does the grip hit the seat or something else on the car? or is it your shirt.

I'm curious to know what makes it hard for you.
    Invest a Day at the Citadel, learn to be safe forever.
    www.citadelinstitute.com

that gave me an idea although i'm right handed and was thinking 3;30 is a good position for me but when i get some gear i'm going to also try perhaps an 11;30 and draw from right hand too but would that mean swinging the mussel too much and or more time to get aimed on a target?? but it would keep it hidden better and in front more so and less chance of it getting stolen from my person? can't wait now to get some gear to practice with
    haven't tried any yet but something i will get a feel for
    another reason i love this forum i get alot of ideas to try out in my search for my best way to carry as i never really carried a gun before although i owned one for a while just never thought to carry it till recent so still doing homework as to which can be my best way and a good second choice for when i wear non belted pants.....
    an 1130 might work for your left handed draw too and conceal more getting out of a low riding vehicle? won't hurt to try
    gun control is being able to hit your target