New Jersey

Thread: New Jersey

1. New Jersey

As a frequent visitor on business travel to NJ, I was wondering if anyone knows or has heard anything concerning Governor Christie's position on the 2nd amendment, CCW other issues concerning firearms. Since I cannot conceal carry in NJ, I feel very uneasy when in NJ. We all know that NJ is one of those states that is unfriendly towards gun owners. This is very sad since Governor Christie is a Republican and represents himself as a semi-conservative and popular national figure. I do not know much about his background but at this point I seriously would hesitate to support anything that would place him in the forefront of anything in a national political arena or on any VP ticket since he represents a state that is unfriendly towards firearms and the 2nd amendment. Perhaps I'm incorrect but considering NJ is a May issue state and really seems to be a No issue state I think that speaks pretty loud and clear what his position may be.

He's not a strong supporter of the 2nd. He supports the assualt weapon ban and one gun a month laws.

Chris Christie - The Second Amendment
    Charlie Given
    Life Member NRA, GOA, TSRA
    Platinum Plus USCCA

3. Charlie:

Thanks for the information and article.

How do you like the USCCA ?

Some members here came from the USCCA. I am one of those. 'Got out when it became too politically correct and hounding us with junk email. My husband like the magazine and stayed one month more after I asked him to drop them.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

5. Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    Perhaps I'm incorrect but considering NJ is a May issue state and really seems to be a No issue state I think that speaks pretty loud and clear what his position may be.
    You are not incorrect I have said a million times that NJ is a communist state and the best view of NJ is in your rear view mirror. Everyone has always said that Illinois is the only state in the union without CCW. I have been saying that NJ is no better than Illinois although technically NJ is a may issue state it just as well should be called a right denied state because you are not getting a CCW license in NJ period. As to your trip here Id be very careful NJ gun laws are prehistoric and confusing. I have heard horror stories so be careful my friend and if all possible avoid the Garden State. As far as Christie is concerned he is a moderate at best and although would not be my choice for VP and neither is Romney for president but, at this point I don't see any other option. I hope he picks Marco Rubio for VP personally that would give us a true conservative. Christie is doing a good job in NJ on other issues he tough and not afraid of not being re-elected he's doing what he thinks is right but, I don't see him signing a CCW law. Here's a read for you. N.J. high court tosses gun charges - Philly.com