My first hoplophobe encounter - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

My first hoplophobe encounter

This is a discussion on My first hoplophobe encounter within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; You answered with the question with one word and it started with B....

You answered with the question with one word and it started with B.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddR View Post
    One thing I did think about was going over their before we practice next time and give her a "heads up". Not sure I really want to do that because she was completely irrational, I'm afraid that if I go walking up to there door she may flip thinking I'm there to harm or intimidate.

Funny thing, I was just out in the yard policing brass this afternoon and heard a bunch of gun shots not too far away. This is NORMAL around here. And like I said before, this woman knows me. Well enough, that when she was on the phone with 911 she told them my first and last name ... LOL!

I'm guessing that they may have been out back enjoying their pool and the gunshots startled her. Maybe she had never been outside when we were shooting before. But then again, there was that time months ago where she stopped in the street watching my son and I practice. I just don't get it and think I may just ignore her and not make contact.
    Please do not pander to this woman's arrogant elitist sense that she is entitled to have everyone else live their lives according to what she thinks is "acceptable".

I don't know about how you would view contacting her but I suspect she would look at it as if you came to grovel and she would be so very pleased that you stopped by to get her permission first.

Some people are like slinky's. Not good for anything, but really fun to push down stairs. woops that's escalating the situation. don't do that.

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by Rising2ndSun View Post
    The 2A community must be constructive in our approach to educating these people and certainly in our perception with the public. We shouldn’t want to give them any fuel for their fire (sickness).
    Conversely I say, effem! The anti 2A community is ignorant of the history of the USA with our without their many bachelor degrees, they have no conception of the US Constitution and probably believe we live in a Democracy.
    They are basically unable to be educated when it come to logic and facts. Do not bother arguing with them is is akin to arguing with an idiot. We as Gun Owners, whether collectors, CCW or just owners, are not doing anything wrong. The problem is 100% and irrevocably theirs. So again I say (refer to first sentence).

I wouldn't give her a heads-up either and you are right about her possible crazed perception if you walk up to her door. Her tactics could be politically motivated to harass you. I would not ask for her permission either and in the event she calls you while your practicing you can always invite her, if you feel comfortable with it (don't do this while you are alone; you should have someone else with you - a good witness).

One thing I have learned is aggressive behavior is not constructive to relationship building and, unfortunately, if one has a firearm and acts aggressively even though he is right, it doesn't look good in the eyes of the media or the police.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    Conversely I say, effem! The anti 2A community is ignorant of the history of the USA with our without their many bachelor degrees, they have no conception of the US Constitution and probably believe we live in a Democracy.
    They are basically unable to be educated when it come to logic and facts. Do not bother arguing with them is is akin to arguing with an idiot. We as Gun Owners, whether collectors, CCW or just owners, are not doing anything wrong. The problem is 100% and irrevocably theirs. So again I say (refer to first sentence).
    Agreed, however, one should be able to communicate what you have said without the implied tone of your writing.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCrotch View Post
    Some people are like slinky's. Not good for anything, but really fun to push down stairs. woops that's escalating the situation. don't do that.
    Now...now...I like your idea though. It made me think of the many I should had push down the stairs before but didn't... Now let us start with Nancy Pelosi....
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by ToddR View Post
    One thing I did think about was going over their before we practice next time and give her a "heads up". Not sure I really want to do that because she was completely irrational, I'm afraid that if I go walking up to there door she may flip thinking I'm there to harm or intimidate.
    Do not talk to her before you exercise your rights. It gives the impression you feel guilty or you need to ask for permission. The only "heads up" you should give her is that if she decides to start interfering with you again, she is going to get flipped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    She will probably s hit in her pants! You are mean... Is it allowable to shoot tannerite in your backyard or is there a limit as to how big your backyard is before one can use it?
    I don`t know, but pay backs a biotch. LOL .

Quote Originally Posted by Rising2ndSun View Post
    Buried treasure? lol, I think he was saying he was in a sand pit target shooting and the hunter said it was going over his head (implying the rounds were leaving the sand pit).
    Exactly right....
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast