My first hoplophobe encounter - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

My first hoplophobe encounter

This is a discussion on My first hoplophobe encounter within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Everyone, could this be about the noise? The only reason I thought of this was because my guns make a ...

Everyone, could this be about the noise? The only reason I thought of this was because my guns make a very loud noise. I life outside of city limits too - but have neighbors close by. I know that it's my right, but I don't want to be a nuisance either - just like I wouldn't want my neighbor's kid to play his music a max volume. Being neighborly goes a long way. Perhaps talking to her wouldn't be such a bad choice, especially if you're in a neighborhood.

Just saying - this might not be about guns. It might be about noise.

Quote Originally Posted by USN2Pulpit View Post
    Everyone, could this be about the noise? The only reason I thought of this was because my guns make a very loud noise. I life outside of city limits too - but have neighbors close by. I know that it's my right, but I don't want to be a nuisance either - just like I wouldn't want my neighbor's kid to play his music a max volume. Being neighborly goes a long way. Perhaps talking to her wouldn't be such a bad choice, especially if you're in a neighborhood.

No, Chief, it's not, solely, about noise. Screaming at me "put the gun down" is not about noise. I do not target shoot daily and she has come by in the past and has never approached me about the noise. She's had numerous non-confrontational chances to voice her concern to me over the past year.

This lady has a pool and on occasion has get-togethers that are typical noisy pool parties. They have no little children. She is not right next door, she is on another street (really) as I live on a loop. I would guess someone is shooting within 1/4 mile three times a week as there are woods very close.

I thought about going to her house and seeing if I could discuss her concerns about the incident but have since decided it probably would not be a good idea. As a retired Navy Chief, I have thick skin but can be very opinionated (no?! really?!).

Quote Originally Posted by USN2Pulpit View Post

If the noise from target practice was happening between 10pm and 7am I'd say the woman would have a legitimate complaint about noise. Otherwise.... NO!

And now a bit of a rant...

What folks need to understand is those who complain about guns... or anything concerning guns... are not complaining about noise, or danger, or anything other than....they believe that they are entitled to decree how everyone else should do only the things they consider "reasonable", "appropriate", and the most important one... what they consider "acceptable"... and are pissed that someone would actually dare to do something they don't like. Not only dare to do it... but have the gaul to do it right where they can see/hear it!

Anti gun folks aren't anti gun... they merely want to be in control and tell everyone else what to do but they most definately understand that they can't force their desire to control onto someone who has a gun.

He who has a gun has the means to resist being controlled.

Tyrants in government understand that simple truth and know they must disarm the people in order to be able to control them... and all the petty little tyrants in everyday society also understand that truth.

Scratch an anti gunner and the true inner wannabe dictator will be exposed.

end rant... resume normal conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddR View Post
    No, Chief, it's not, solely, about noise.
    Of course you know your situation best. Sounds like you're doing what you should by leaving it be. Just wanted to bring up the possibility, since I'm situated similarly - as far as you described it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddR View Post
    No, Chief, it's not, solely, about noise. Screaming at me "put the gun down" is not about noise. I do not target shoot daily and she has come by in the past and has never approached me about the noise. She's had numerous non-confrontational chances to voice her concern to me over the past year.

This lady has a pool and on occasion has get-togethers that are typical noisy pool parties. They have no little children. She is not right next door, she is on another street (really) as I live on a loop. I would guess someone is shooting within 1/4 mile three times a week as there are woods very close.

I thought about going to her house and seeing if I could discuss her concerns about the incident but have since decided it probably would not be a good idea. As a retired Navy Chief, I have thick skin but can be very opinionated (no?! really?!).
    You know when we went to Top Gun a few visits ago, there was this guy who has an AK and was shooting it like there is no tomorrow. If I were you, I'd shoot something similar or a machinegun...let's hear her complain and complain a million times more!...Sometimes I pretend to be normal but it gets to be boring....so I get back to being me.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    You know when we went to Top Gun a few visits ago, there was this guy who has an AK and was shooting it like there is no tomorrow. If I were you, I'd shoot something similar or a machinegun...let's hear her complain and complain a million times more!...Sometimes I pretend to be normal but it gets to be boring....so I get back to being me.
    Yep!! Planning on getting an AR and a .45 in the very near future. I'll make sure I get out there and practice a lot!!! If she was pissed about the .380 and .40, just wait!!

Sorry Pulpit...I am just giving Todd some ideas while I am in the mood. Better him than me... and while I am at it...I will tell you all a story...your can connect it to this woman (or NOT)

Once upon a time, a Navy pilot asked a beautiful princess, "Will you marry me?" And the princess said, "No!"

And the pilot lived happily ever after and flew jets all over the world and drove hot cars and chased skinny long-legged big-breasted flight attendants and hunted and fished and played golf and went to topless bars and dated women half his age and drank Weihenstephaner German beer and Captain Morgan and never heard any bitching and never paid any child support or alimony and kept his house and guns and ate cold leftover pizza, potato chips and beans and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was frickin' cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up . . .

The end.

------------------
    Did you get that ToddR??? --- the moral of the story is....be glad you are not married to her.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Blog Entries

I'm glad all turned out well and even the maw enforcement was great but I wouldn't go over to her house for any reason. I would make it a point to target practice whenever she was out. Lol

This lady pulled the stunt again a few months ago. In total, she's called 911 at least 2 more times and a crazy old man next door has done it twice. The deputies are always very friendly and deal with her and check in with me.
    I finally got to the where I call the non-emergency number to let them know when I'm going to be practicing. I know it's not required, but they appreciate it and it saves them a trip. :)
    STGC(SW)
    USN (ret)

Hopefully she doesn't spike your Novocaine with pepper sauce!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast