8 shot after lakers playoffs
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SoonerOKC
  • 2 Post By Paul53

8 shot after lakers playoffs

This is a discussion on 8 shot after lakers playoffs within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Level 2 Community Player Chaos: At least 8 shot in Oklahoma City after playoff game Comments By J. Michael Falgoust, ...

Default 8 shot after lakers playoffs

Level 2 Community Player
    Chaos: At least 8 shot in Oklahoma City after playoff game
    Comments
    By J. Michael Falgoust, USA TODAY
    Updated 5h 26m ago

Soon after the Oklahoma City Thunder eliminated the Los Angeles Lakers 106-90 at Chesapeake Energy Arena and advanced to the Western Conference finals, there were multiple people shot in downtown and a pregnant woman kicked during a melee, according to The Oklahoman.

CAPTIONBy Sarah Phipps, AP
    The Thunder had a sellout crowd of 18,203, but there were thousands outside the facility in Thunder Alley, which is full of banners, billboards and basketball hoops.

The arena is located in downtown Oklahoma City, next to Bricktown, an entertainment district.

No fatalities have been reported, but according to the newspaper a person was shot in the back, one in the arm and a third in the hand.

"Preliminary reports indicate that eight people were shot and one person suffered blunt trauma, and that person was a pregnant woman," Oklahoma City police Capt. Dexter Nelson told The Oklahoman.

"Everything is very, very preliminary. We still don't know the actual number of victims. We believe that one person is critical, and the other injuries are not believed to be life-threatening."

Oklahoma City police Capt. Lisa Camacho told The Oklahoman that two suspected shooters are in custody.

A fan, Chris Turan of Oklahoma City, told the newspaper that he heard six to eight shots within minutes of the game ending and that he felt a uniquely negative vibe from Monday's crowd.

"I though the element of the spectators changed for the worse tonight. There seemed to be a lot of people out there looking for trouble," Turan said.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dat some crazy shyt right there now
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Turn out to be some 18 year old gang bangers.
    To bad they don't allow CC at the game..maybe someone could have stopped these punks.
    Had nothing to do with the Thunder-Laker game

My first (tongue in cheek) thought was that it was in the locker room by the coach. Sorry, Celtics fan. Attention Prosecutor: I don't really believe 95% of the things I post on this site, or anywhere on the internet.