10 year old hero takes bullet for mom.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

10 year old hero takes bullet for mom.

This is a discussion on 10 year old hero takes bullet for mom. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Credit to KOAT.com Original Story LOS LUNAS, N.M. - A 10-year-old took a bullet to save his mother's life, and ...

Default 10 year old hero takes bullet for mom.

Credit to KOAT.com
    Original StoryLOS LUNAS, N.M. -
    A 10-year-old took a bullet to save his mother's life, and now he’s being called a hero.

The crime happened during a frightening home invasion on La Bajada Road, near Los Lunas on Wednesday.

“He's a hero. He's my hero. If it wasn't for what he did, I don't think I would have my family right now. I would be alone in the world," said the victim's father.

The victim’s father is shaken and upset, but proud of his 10-year-old son. He said his son doesn’t consider himself a hero.

“He goes, 'I protected mom, dad. I protected mom and brother and sister.' That is what he says. That's why he did what he did, to protect them,” the father said.

The family said the two burglars had on ski masks and had rifles. The 10-year-old, his mother, his 19-year-old sister and 24-year-old brother were home during the invasion.

The older siblings didn’t see or hear the intruders, but the mother and the 10-year-old did and hid. Police said the burglars kicked down a bedroom door, and that’s when the boy tackled a suspect.

“I saw him shoot my brother. My brother was trying to save my mom is what it was. He was pointing the gun at my mom," the victim's sister said.

Now, drops of blood cover the family’s living room floor. The family said the burglars were demanding money and making the older siblings lie on the floor.

After the 10-year-old was shot, the men took off.

Read more: 10-year-old hero shot during home invasion | Albuquerque News - KOAT Home
    NMDPS Approved Instructor.
    NRA Pistol/NRA PPITH
    NRA RSO

Wow. Bless that little boy's courageous heart.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

wow hope they catch the bastards he can always shave his stash but the symbol may be hard to conceal
    my heart goes out to the family and hope the boy heals well and good too
    gun control is being able to hit your target

God bless you little man. Protect your mother at all costs. I am glad the wound was not fatal and wish you a full recovery.

Wow that's horrible to hear that even happened. Hope everything gets better for that family . There's something in the water possibly ?

I am glad the little guy is OK...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

He IS a hero. HOOAH!
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Definitely a hero in all respects of the word. HOOAH!

Surely he would have a bright future in the Secret Service. Not many people have experience in selflessly taking a bullet for someone else.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Just heard about this. This happened just a few miles from where I live. Hope everything turns out fine. Glad My family has their guns loaded and ready to fire if this was to happen in My home.

Ya know he will be carrying when he is old enough!

Glad it had a good ending as it could have been very bad!

Great for this kid.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast