US Weapons Demo in Color from 1953
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Amsdorf
  • 1 Post By SGT504MP

US Weapons Demo in Color from 1953

This is a discussion on US Weapons Demo in Color from 1953 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Finished working on this short, but interesting, 1953 color movie featuring the 1911, the Carbine and the .45 Submachine gun. ...

Amsdorf is offline VDMA VIDEOS

Default US Weapons Demo in Color from 1953

Finished working on this short, but interesting, 1953 color movie featuring the 1911, the Carbine and the .45 Submachine gun.

I'd love to have one of those submachine guns.

That is a real gem. When I was a kid, probably late 50's, the Watervliet Arsenal used to have an open house every summer. They would put on a demonstration of the latest hardware that was going to the military. I remember a three man team on the stage with M1A1's(M14) demonstrating the semi and full auto capabilities, by firing those rifle off in a grand fashion. They also had an M2 adapted to run off compressed gas, with the firing mechanism attached to a trigger set a bit away from it. I also remember that you could not have slapped the grin off this kids face after getting a chance to fire it! I doubt that tis sort of event happens any more, and that is a shame.

Amsdorf is offline VDMA VIDEOS

Awesome, thanks for sharing that.

My MP unit still had the M-3 submachine gun in its arms room in 1978. I remember there being 4 of them. They weren't assigned to anyone although I heard they were for use by our units anti-armor team.I got to fire it several times at the range. It was fairly controlable on full auto. The magazines had strong springs and were a pain to load.

Always wanted an M2 Carbine for some reason. Don't know why, I had an M1 Carbine and hated it.

"Grease guns" are cool, shot one a couple of times. Had to be the cheapest made gun I ever laid eyes on. Tankers were still carrying them in Desert Storm.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGT504MP View Post
    My MP unit still had the M-3 submachine gun in its arms room in 1978. I remember there being 4 of them. They weren't assigned to anyone although I heard they were for use by our units anti-armor team.I got to fire it several times at the range. It was fairly controlable on full auto. The magazines had strong springs and were a pain to load.
    30 rnd .45ACP mags are always a pain to load without a mag loader. And even semi-autos empty them real fast.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.