striker vs. hammer
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

striker vs. hammer

This is a discussion on striker vs. hammer within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; What is better or worse about striker fired vs. hammer? Seems like some people think striker fired pistols are of ...

Default striker vs. hammer

What is better or worse about striker fired vs. hammer?

Seems like some people think striker fired pistols are of less quality or less dependable. Any thoughts?

I like both at different times. Sometimes you want coke other times you want pepsi.

I like both. Variety- the spice of life!

Both systems are well proven and effective.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I much prefer a striker fired handgun for concealed carry. For target shooting or hunting, I prefer a hammer.

hammer is more likely to get caught up in clothing on a draw than striker imo ..i know because my browning has a hammer which has caught in my clothing on my practice draw where a striker fire won't catch clothing on a draw
    a vid i googled on the topic

gun control is being able to hit your target

Eagleyes you have no clue just stop posting please. You are new to guns and you dont even have your CCW. Just read and dont post cause you sound like a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by RobShield9mm View Post
    Eagleyes you have no clue just stop posting please. You are new to guns and you dont even have your CCW. Just read and dont post cause you sound like a moron.
    perhaps you could give me some constructive advice rather than being arrogant about my lack of knowledge
    like i said my gun has a hammer and got caught in my clothes a few times whilst trying to draw erm why did that statement make me sound like a moron ?? it does take some practice to learn to draw without getting the hammer caught up which is why i think a striker might be better
    i also took the initiative to google the difference and teach myself and morons usually don't attempt to educate themselves so what is your case in point? i posted a vid i found on the subject so again what is it you found 'moronic' about my reply?

are you another version of the troll robbie how many accounts do you have here under different names????????
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by RobShield9mm View Post
    Hate to break your heart peaches but Beagle eyes is 100% correct this time.

( although she did neglect to mention that you could bob your hammer spur if you're concerned about it snagging)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Not to Hijack a thread, but Eagleeyes... Perhaps the hostility comes in from the fact that you're constantly stating that you're new, about 1,274 times since April. You interject opinion more times than not and often give some pretty contrary advice and opinions. Now this is an observation. I, like many others I'm sure, appreciate your enthusiasm in your quest to learn about Firearms and CCW, however, it seems like you have nothing else to do but read forums all day.

Lets break down your most recent venture into posting in this thread. Its common knowledge that you own a Browning and are waiting for your CC Permit. So stating that when you conceal your handgun and the hammer gets caught it sounds slightly weird; seeing that legally you cant CC outside the house. It gives the rest of us the impression that you're sitting in your residence strapped, hopefully with it unloaded as you practice, and drawing in the mirror, all day. Now I'm not knocking practice as we all need to do it and dry practice is better than none, but the verve with which you speak comes off kind of wacky like. On this issue you do have a pretty good handle on it; but see where I'm going with this.

When I was new I would ask questions and was cautious to offer advice, and opinions until I was 100% on something. The tenacity of your posting suggests that you may be in the sophmoric stage of your CCW life. Please recognize that the rest of us know you're new and may have a difficult time taking advice from you, as you have stated over and over again how new you really are.

My apologies for getting off of the OP.

On the OP subject. Depends how you like your gun weighted (in my case SIG Vs Glock, SIG is heavier in the Handle), and what you're comfortable carrying. I carry both, have no issue with either, however, I'm liking the striker fired more and more now as there is no hammer to dig into the body.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast