Concealed carry badges? - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Concealed carry badges?

This is a discussion on Concealed carry badges? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by edelske Perhaps someone will soon market "I have a concealed carry Permit" T shirts. There are many ...

Quote Originally Posted by edelske View Post
    Perhaps someone will soon market "I have a concealed carry Permit" T shirts.

There are many laws, but there is no legal limit to stupidity.
    Wouldn't that be somewhat like wearing a bullseye and advertisng for someone to shoot you? Not too stealthy!

As with most of the other posts, I do not want to be a cop. The only reason I have a carry permit is for the protection of me and my family. This may seem heartless but I feel absolutely no obligation to defend anyone else or their property. I certainly don't need a fake badge to make me target or attract attention. Open carry is legal in Iowa and I don't want that type of attention either. I know some people open carry and that doesn't bother me. I prefer my privacy and anonymity.

I should add that I would protect myself, my rights, and my country against tyranny. I believe this is self protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Wouldn't that be somewhat like wearing a bullseye and advertisng for someone to shoot you? Not too stealthy!
    Excellent suggestion; when ordering the t-shirt the fool would have the option of words on the front and bullseye on the back or vica verca!

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Excellent suggestion; when ordering the t-shirt the fool would have the option of words on the front and bullseye on the back or vica verca!
    Perhaps someone will soon market "I have a concealed carry Permit" T shirts.

There are many laws, but there is no legal limit to stupidity.
    Name:  cc4502.jpg
Views: 2456
Size:  46.7 KB

I have not heard of any one wearing a shirt like this getting chosen as a victim...but keep pushing that fear mongering...it's working for the Brady campaign...why wouldn't it work for us...unsubstantiated fear, gotta love it...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've read through many post on this subject. I own a handgun and have recently gone through the CHL class. The reason for getting a permit varies from person to person. Business, pleasure, disability, family, home, etc. Here's a reason why I'm looking into buying a badge. It's the same reason I've thought about buying one of those fake "FBI" or "CSI" hoodies. My hobby puts me out in the public at all hours of the day. Sometimes very late and very early in the morning. I have been approached a few times by prostitutes, and "others" you don't want to turn your back on. My hobby takes my attention off my surroundings and I can't be focused 100% on who's walking up to me.

I'm not saying that I want to announce that I'm carrying a weapon, I want to announce a "QUESTION" to whomever might be thinking about walking up to me. I want the "bad and seedy" persons to avoid me. Regular folks probably would feel safer knowing that there's a "deterrent" for bad persons in the area. It's the same reason people "feel" safer when there's a security or police officer patrolling an area.

I don't want to pose as an officer, etc. And that's the "CON" side to this badge carry. I don't want "GOOD" persons coming up to me either asking me questions. But if I have a choice, I'd rather a "good" person vs a "bad" approach me. Their intentions are the key factor.

Which brings me to the point of why I'd carry a badge. A "bad" person might look and see a badge hanging from my neck and "KNOW" to stay away. A "BAD" person looks for signs that might get them caught. But the flip side is, you also become a target for that nut who thinks your a police "type" of officer. In my life, I see more pluses to wearing one when I'm doing my hobby. But for general everyday carry, the badge would probably not be needed.

It honestly depends on where and what you are doing. And why you need one.

It's a trinket and nothing more, really a badge, which has no authority? I can only see it as a look at me thing.

In any encounter I may have with a LEO, they are interested ONLY in my ID and CHP, and I really wonder what they would think of a badge, i.e. another wanna-be cop

GOA Member, NCGR Member
    Former NRA member - my membership renounced after I received a robo-call endorsing an anti-gun, anti 2A candidate that sides with Bloomberg.

Quote Originally Posted by MrXtramean View Post
    I've read through many post on this subject. I own a handgun and have recently gone through the CHL class. The reason for getting a permit varies from person to person. Business, pleasure, disability, family, home, etc. Here's a reason why I'm looking into buying a badge. It's the same reason I've thought about buying one of those fake "FBI" or "CSI" hoodies. My hobby puts me out in the public at all hours of the day. Sometimes very late and very early in the morning. I have been approached a few times by prostitutes, and "others" you don't want to turn your back on. My hobby takes my attention off my surroundings and I can't be focused 100% on who's walking up to me.

I'm not saying that I want to announce that I'm carrying a weapon, I want to announce a "QUESTION" to whomever might be thinking about walking up to me. I want the "bad and seedy" persons to avoid me. Regular folks probably would feel safer knowing that there's a "deterrent" for bad persons in the area. It's the same reason people "feel" safer when there's a security or police officer patrolling an area.

I don't want to pose as an officer, etc. And that's the "CON" side to this badge carry. I don't want "GOOD" persons coming up to me either asking me questions. But if I have a choice, I'd rather a "good" person vs a "bad" approach me. Their intentions are the key factor.

Which brings me to the point of why I'd carry a badge. A "bad" person might look and see a badge hanging from my neck and "KNOW" to stay away. A "BAD" person looks for signs that might get them caught. But the flip side is, you also become a target for that nut who thinks your a police "type" of officer. In my life, I see more pluses to wearing one when I'm doing my hobby. But for general everyday carry, the badge would probably not be needed.

It honestly depends on where and what you are doing. And why you need one.
    Such a "badge" has no meaning or authority. It can only cause you trouble. Displaying such a device implies something, to any casual observer, that you definitely are not. The worst sort of posing. Any DA could make mincemeat of you over such a thing in the event of an incident. Foolishness, plain and simple.

Wow! Jurassic Thread strikes again!

So, tell me again why someone who is "Xtra mean" would even need a gun, much less a fake badge to go with it?
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Default Concealed carry badges?

Why did this thread come back alive...

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Not everyone respects the badge...but they all respect the gun.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast