what should i do now? - Page 2
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree553Likes

what should i do now?

This is a discussion on what should i do now? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Also, get counseling, if you think you need it. I know people, particularly women, who have suffered psychological effects from ...

Also, get counseling, if you think you need it. I know people, particularly women, who have suffered psychological effects from robberies and home invasions, even if they were unharmed physically.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

i had a home invasion once which freaked me for at least a year
    i had a friend spend the night she was sleeping on my sofa i was in my room and my son was only about 2 at the time and he slept with me in the small one bedroom apt i had then
    well some guy was feeling up my leg getting close to my private parts i was awakened by the feeling of the hand massaging my leg and moving up toward my crotch and i was thinking it was my friend trying to get fresh with me so i opened my eyes to see and it was some guy naked as a jay bird i got up and chased him out the house and called the cops the cop came and blamed it on me he wasn't helpful at all didn't even take finger prints or anything he was a short thin man and had one of my pillow cases in his hand when i chased him out the back door i was looking out far only to find he was by the aircondition unit just standing there with my pillow case in his hand i went to kick his ass and he ran off......i woke my friend who had her purse right on my kitchen table and he didn't even touch it .......the cops kept asking me if i knew him and i kept telling him no i didn't i dont' know people that would break through my bathroom window and touch me like that.......ugh needless to say i had trouble going to sleep for a good part of a year in fear he would come back he never did and i don't think the cops did anything to find that pervert either......my friend laughed when i told her i thought it was her until i opened my eyes and saw it wasn't
    i can laugh about that now but at the time and a while after i was pretty freaked out esp at night time always thinking he could be out there looking in my windows and kept my curtains drawn i didn't have a gun at the time
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I'm very sorry you were victimized by a thug. The only good thing to come of it is you realized you have to protect yourself. I'm sure you feel a strong urge to hurry in acquiring a weapon. That is completely understandable, but don't move so fast that you end up with a weapon that isn't suited for you physically and mentally. Take the time to find one that fits your hand and body. One to that also gives you confidence that it will never let you down when you need it most. Just don't let the process drag on to long. I'm glad you were physically unharmed. Best wishes for your search for a weapon!

Yes this was at work. I hope the police catch him, he may do this again and the next person may not be so lucky to make it out alive. I am scared that maybe he will try to victimize me again. I guess that means I am paranoid. Thanks so much for your advice. I love your quote " Lifes too short to take seriously, besides, you'll never make it out alive. First time I heard that one.
    Last edited by superprincess; 06-01-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: format

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    Yes this was at work. I hope the police catch him, he may do this again and the next person may not be so lucky
    to make it out alive. I am scared that maybe he will try to victimize me again. I guess that means I am
    paranoid. Thanks so much for your advice. I love your quote " Lifes too short to take seriously, besides,
    you'll never make it out alive. First time I heard that one.
    Not everyone is cut out to protect themselves, SP. If you are cut out, in the first place, it then requires equipment and training and continuous practice.

If you are not, don't feel bad. Change your environment in that case. Get another job.

Find someone who will protect you, if you must.

hopefully everyone at your job will be on the alert and watchful .............perhaps a plan with your coworkers for personal safety like not being alone if at all possible or installing a camera at the main entrance or something to that effect
    again best wishes and speedy recovery from that traumatic experience
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Fill out permit app and wait to get a handhun. Or go to local gunshop and ask for a 410 or higher gauge pump or automatic. My 8 yr old shoot a 410. You should be able to handle it. Then when permit comes get your pistol of choice. Btw sign up for soonest concealed class. It is a long process but worth it
    To teach tolerance, you must first be Intolerant.

Don't show you are vulnerable...Confidence, shoulders up, eyes scanning your location before you even step out of your cubicle, office, building, doors, on your way to the car, everywhere. Situational alertness is the key to not being victimized. In the meantime, get a pepper spray or something to protect you while you are waiting for your permit and while looking for a suitable gun for yourself. It will not kill anyone that you will hit with it but at least you can run ....
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

When I go to apply for the buyers permit, should I ask the
    sheriffs department for info on training classes? Do you
    know if they have training classes?

Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    When I go to apply for the buyers permit, should I ask the
    sheriffs department for info on training classes? Do you
    know if they have training classes?
    Goggle shooting ranges in your area or gun stores. Call them up if they have a shooting range. Usually the ones that do offer very basic classes. And then they will also have some recommendations. Start from there. I will advise you to go to a gun store to fit yourself with a gun...It is only you that will be able to know what sort you want after holding some, touching some and comparing them...and of course for the price you can afford. These all marry together.

Then go look for instructions. It can be anywhere (not internet) -- advices from the NC people here at the forum, the gun stores...take your pick. There are quite a few instructors here in this forum....Good luck...and keep safe out there...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast