The sound of a pump action
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

The sound of a pump action

This is a discussion on The sound of a pump action within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I hear so many people say the keep thur shotgun mag loaded but not chamber loaded, and plan on the ...

Blog Entries

Default The sound of a pump action

I hear so many people say the keep thur shotgun mag loaded but not chamber loaded, and plan on the sound of their shotgun being racked to scare off an intruder.

What are your opinions on this?

I personally like my chamber loaded pistol for home defenses and don't think that many criminals who break into a occupied home would be scared of the sound of a shotgun.

I think though the intruders won't bust in with anything bigger then a handgun.. That sound means your about to get cut in half with lead lol

I agree the sound must be intimidating but I keep on in the pipe on all my defense weapons. That is not a warning sound they will hear in my house.

Hoping to scare off an intruder due to the sound made by racking a shotgun is as intelligent as aiming for the knees in a gunfight.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nodaywithout View Post
    I hear so many people say the keep thur shotgun mag loaded but not chamber loaded, and plan on the sound of their shotgun being racked to scare off an intruder.

I personally like my chamber loaded pistol for home defenses and don't think that many criminals who break into a occupied home would be scared of the sound of a shotgun.
    I don't really care if the perps die scared or not.

I keep the 45ACP loaded and chambered with the hammer down on my double action pistol always, 24/7.

Keeping a shotgun chambered is a good way to blow your own face off though.

I plan on the sound of chambering to be immediately followed by the sound of the shotgun firing. No warning sound, just simply a matter of safety.

my semi-auto handgun has one in the chamber, manual safety off (this here, pointing to my index finger is my safety.) BG in my house gets the warning of hearing me pull the trigger if he can actually hear that. once handgun is effective (BG down), get the shotgun in case of more BG's don't really need the shotgun rack sound effect for any purpose at that point.

Blog Entries

If it's not ready to fire then it's not ready and neither are you.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee:320796
    Quote Originally Posted by nodaywithout View Post

I don't really care if the perps die scared or not.

I keep the 45ACP loaded and chambered with the hammer down on my double action pistol always, 24/7.

Keeping a shotgun chambered is a good way to blow your own face off though.
    Can someone explain how a loaded shotgun will blow someones own face off, but a loaded pistol won't?

I keep my shotgun loaded and chambered. If the situation comes, where the bad guy is kicking at my door, I'll rack a shell out (not a big deal to me, I have 6 more plus 5 in a shell holder), and if that doesn't scare him off, then he is too stupid to be alive.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

First of all, I already have my first responder -- my rottenweiler. If that doesn't scare him...then he should not be forcing himself inside my house via the door or windows or even the doggie door if he value his life. Stupid actions can lead to death sometimes...and this is one occasion I will help him meet the Lord earlier than he planned.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast