This is a Must Read if you use a gun for Self-Defense
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

This is a Must Read if you use a gun for Self-Defense

This is a discussion on This is a Must Read if you use a gun for Self-Defense within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; The Jeff Dykehouse story, Part 1: Read one man's vivid account of the night he used deadly force | MLive.com ...

Default This is a Must Read if you use a gun for Self-Defense

BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

Awesome story, I am happy the good guy won. Jeff's statement, "You don’t have to live on the poor side of town to be a victim of a violent crime." This is the same thing the officer had said to me the night of my recent encounter with the bad guy. Another lesson from
    this story always have your pajamas on, you never know when there will be a gunfight in the middle of the night. Home invasions are on the rise, is something I had read somewhere. Hope everyone stays safe.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

thanks for sharing that story bob. i enjoyed it and it did have a good ending too and reading his case's law was good reading as well
    thanks again
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Great story. There is a huge burden of emotional second guessing and the constant replaying of events surrounding a life altering experience. Even in a situation that you know you were right, justified and needed to do what had to be done, you will be tormented with that decision for quite sometime. Take a situation such as this...you may be prepared with the equipment, the training, the knowledge of the laws and your rights and have played numerous scenarios over and over again - but the one thing you can never be prepared for is the emotional aspect of involved with a defensive firearm use. Jeff's story should be a must read for all carry newbies and part of all defensive firearms instruction.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

dcselby1 is offline Denny

Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    Awesome story, I am happy the good guy won. Jeff's statement, "You don’t have to live on the poor side of town to be a victim of a violent crime." This is the same thing the officer had said to me the night of my recent encounter with the bad guy. Another lesson from
    this story always have your pajamas on, you never know when there will be a gunfight in the middle of the night. Home invasions are on the rise, is something I had read somewhere. Hope everyone stays safe.
    Maybe I missed it, but where was the part about the pajamas? And what if you don't own any?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

It's a good thing that he wasn't going commando
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by dcselby1 View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but where was the part about the pajamas? And what if you don't own any?
    Jeff only had his underwear on when he was going to the police car. I bet that was a sight! I don't know if he owned any pajamas.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

Shoobee is offline Banned

In earthquake country we normally have slippers by our beds. I also have a pair of sweat pants and T-shirt on a nearby chair that I can put on in an earth-shaker too.

But sleeping with clothes on is not healthy for your skin.

Just because I have a 45ACP instead of a spear does not mean I cannot hunt down an intruder like prehistoric man used to do routinely in my skin only.

Some of you must be really shy if you are still sleeping in your 'jammies past age 5 or 10.

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    Jeff only had his underwear on when he was going to the police car. I bet that was a sight! I don't know if he owned any pajamas.
    After you blow somebody away, there is plenty of time to put on sweatpants and a T-shirt before the LEOs arrive.

It takes them at least 5 to 10 minutes to get there anyway. That's the whole reason you always need your own handgun with you at all times anyway.

And what ever happened to castle doctrine? Was this a state with no castle doctrine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast