Once again FBI disproves anti-gunner theory
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Once again FBI disproves anti-gunner theory

This is a discussion on Once again FBI disproves anti-gunner theory within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Once again FBI disproves anti-gunner theory that more guns equal more crime. The report is in for 2011, 4% decrease ...

Default Once again FBI disproves anti-gunner theory

Once again FBI disproves anti-gunner theory that more guns equal more crime. The report is in for 2011, 4% decrease in violent crime. Hmmm, do ya think the rise in gun sales might have something to do with it?

FBI — FBI Releases Preliminary Annual Crime Statistics for 2011
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

That must really be gut wrenching to have to print a report that doesn't support their progressive liberal agenda. If the president wasn't such a good gun salesman crime would be on the rise, because fewer people would have the means to protect themselves. Wow I think I might have hit on a positive for him to campaign on.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I just thought Utah was such a quiet and peaceful place because there are so many Mormons and so much Prozac. Then I found out how many people own and carry guns and I realized that I'd be hesitant to mess with anybody in this state too!
    "I simply admit to not knowing that which ignorant men claim to be sure of."

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    That must really be gut wrenching to have to print a report that doesn't support their progressive liberal agenda.
    Not really. They're quite used to it. They'll just do what they always do. They'll cherry pick whatever numbers they can to depict an inaccurate picture, distort whatever they can and make up whatever is left over to convince the unsuspecting public that their agenda is just and righteous. And since a majority of the mainstream media will parrot their words without verifying them or even caring if they're true, and since most of the American public accepts media facts without confirming them, public opinion will again be affected by a lie. Fortunately, the number of Americans who are willing to accept media information without verifying it is dwindling every year. The populace at large is becoming more and more aware of how the mainstream media is shoveling a load of BS down their throats. There's still far too many of them that are clueless, but it is slowly changing for the better.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    That must really be gut wrenching to have to print a report that doesn't support their progressive liberal agenda. If the president wasn't such a good gun salesman crime would be on the rise, because fewer people would have the means to protect themselves. Wow I think I might have hit on a positive for him to campaign on.
    Ya you know they were gritting their teeth and mumbling under their breath when they printed that.

I think that positive spin on Obozo's campaign would insure a loss. Salesman of the year four years running for guns and ammo.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    Hmmm, do ya think the rise in gun sales might have something to do with it?
    I would say no, increasing gun sales do not have something to do with the decreasing crime rate. Although it certainly is an interesting correlation, it is not causation. There is no proof that increasing gun sales have caused the crime rate to go down. There is an infinite supply of factors out there that affect the crime rate and guns are only one.

The only way this does help is by showing that more guns does not automatically result in more crime.

Dave Nowlin is offline Old Geezer

Deserteagle you are correct. Sadly many in our ranks also distort facts to suit their agenda. The fact that the violent crime rate didn't go up even though there are more guns in private hands than the previous year, does at least prove that more guns doesn't automatically equate to more violent crime. That statement will stand and can't be disproven.
    In order to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive.

Murphy's Law is still in effect.

Here is a great link full of gun facts!

http://gunfacts.info/
    I am now just ONE STEP shy of the dark side, although i do visit it frequently!

Default Once again FBI disproves anti-gunner theory

I don't think more guns means more violence . Because I have just started collecting and getting my Ccw . I have yet to shoot anyone or pull it out and be dumb . I like carrying it in case of a real emergency why would I mess that up . Just sounds stupid to just be so dumb with a weapon that could save a life

We must not have received this memo in Indy...shootings nearly every night in the last few months
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast