robbers pretend to be police as they invade homes - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

robbers pretend to be police as they invade homes

This is a discussion on robbers pretend to be police as they invade homes within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by eagleeyes if a bunch of people screaming police were beating my door down i would call 911 ...

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    if a bunch of people screaming police were beating my door down i would call 911 to verify it if is the police and ready myself in case it's not
    is all i can think of at this point
    wow bozz be on the look out for sure and don't open the door to anyone saying they are a cop esp if you didn't call them
    I'm not a troll, and I'm not trying to be hard on Eagleeyes, but in the video I just saw I doubt that I could even find my phone in the time it took for those perpetrators to kick in the door. Also I don't think there was any question of the homeowner participating in the opening of the door. I doubt they even had their eyes open by the time the door was down.

off topic but i think folks with multiple accounts should not be able to enter all their names in the giveaway but just one name per person to make it fair
    just ranting as i sooooooo wanna win that giveaway as it has everything i need to get me started and more..... and i don't want someone with ten user names to win by cheating

firefigherchen i didn't take it as a bash against cops but some cops are worse criminals than those they lock up
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Will say this one more time, anyone kicking my door down, don't care what they are yelling day or night, they will be in the fight of their life, dogs, gun etc. You want me to come down down call my attorney.
    I like the way you think. People need to show respect, even if they do have a uniform and badge on.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

Peek through a window or peep-hole on your front door. If the "cops" have gold teeth, cars with 24" rims, and hold their guns sideways.......they're not really cops. Deal with the situation accordingly.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Peek through a window or peep-hole on your front door. If the "cops" have gold teeth, cars with 24" rims, and hold their guns sideways.......they're not really cops. Deal with the situation accordingly.
    that made me laugh out loud! glad i swallowed what was in my mouth before i read that
    heheheheh

reminds me of something that happened in my driveway one day a truck with texas tags pulled up with like three guys in it ......i came out to see wtf they were doing sitting in my driveway they said they were cops and showed me a gun and a Taser and a badge. even still i didn't believe them so i walked around to get their tag number and went in to call the cops. the person on the phone said they didn't know if they were cops or not so i walked back to the truck and said i had the cops on the phone and handed them my phone. oy turned out they really were cops and were investigating a neighbor they thought stole something from his place of employment or something to do with his work place. they had other officers around the back of my neighbors house also not dressed as cops but looked like thugs come to my neighbors back and front doors with guns drawn they took their computer which wasn't even stolen so it was some kind of mix up but the cops in that truck with the texas plate certainly didn't look like cops to me and from what the neighbor said were very hyped up during their so called 'investigation' the neighbor was not guilty of anything and they finally got their computer back as well.........so that was weird and i didn't like they used my driveway to sit in until they got all their cops in position to surround that place

Consensus is, if you're a law abiding citizen, unless there is some sort of royal mistake, there should be no reason for LEO to be kicking in your door at night or any other time of the day. No time to call 911 for verification. If you have a standard lock on the doors, it will get kicked in.

Screaming back at them at the top of your lungs "I have a gun and I will shoot! Do not come in!" might buy you enough time to seek shelter or a good barricade. By the way, where is your barricade area?

This scenario is another example to examine the security of your doors and home. Obviously this home owner desired some higher level of security since the video seems to have come from a security camera. Unfortunately cameras are like the real police. They are there to help clean up the mess. They are not meant as a preventative.

Real security measures for your home should include a steel front door with a dead bolt of at least 2 inches of solid penetration into a steel framework. Ask yourself if the door you have now will give you 5 minutes of reaction time. Will the door give you enough time to call 911? Will you have enough time to get to your safe zone? Are there natural barricades in your home you can use to your advantage? Do you have an alarm with a panic button? Is the panic button in your safe zone or next to the front door that just got kicked in? Does your alarm company monitor 24-7? Is the alarm on a hard land line that can be cut and how will the alarm company respond to a cut line?

How's your furniture arranged? Most households will have a clear path from the front door to the living room (or what ever you call the next room from the door) Can you artfully rearrange the furniture so there are obstacles in the way to slow an invaders progress? (when I was away on a business trip my wife did this and I found out the hard way when I entered into a dark living room! Worked real well!) Is there a heavy piece of furniture (a cadenza) that can be used for cover in the room?

The questions and answers need to be flowing.

Many think a gun is the first line of defense when in reality, at home, it is our house and possessions that needs to be the 'front line' between us and them. Our gun is the 'fall back' in a situation like EE shared.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    ... and the coffee squirts out my nose! Than you for that B2!
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

when i bought my place here i had new doors and hurricane windows installed so it would be hard to break in here but it could be done just may take longer hopefully long enough for me to call 911 if i'm home when it happens......unless i left the window or door open which i do when it's cooler out while i'm home anyways but i've gotten into the habit of locking up good before i leave even for a short while......i don't have a security system or cameras but that is a good idea if you can afford it

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    when i bought my place here i had new doors and hurricane windows installed so it would be hard to break in here but it could be done just may take longer hopefully long enough for me to call 911 if i'm home when it happens......unless i left the window or door open which i do when it's cooler out while i'm home anyways but i've gotten into the habit of locking up good before i leave even for a short while......i don't have a security system or cameras but that is a good idea if you can afford it

Eagle eyes when someone is kicking in your door the cops won't show up in time anyway ... Shoot first ask ?s last

yea but i will still call 911 after i have my gun in my hand trained on the door

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast