Armed Teachers in Schools - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Armed Teachers in Schools

This is a discussion on Armed Teachers in Schools within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by kelcarry If you are teacher than try and read and comprehend what I wrote. I am all ...

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    If you are teacher than try and read and comprehend what I wrote. I am all for 2A and what you say. Trouble is that when you start to single out, particularly teachers and their goddamn union, I can see abuse up the kazoo. Your comment is exactly what I expected---you take it personal and an attack. I agree with you for heavens sake. Protect yourself and your students and do it like the rest of us have to--on your dime and your time.
    I read your post very clearly... you asked whether you are expected to pay for our training and our time off if we decided to allow teachers to carry. No one even brought up that this would even be an issue. You also bring up statements like "their goddamn union" in your next post, yet I'm still not taking it personally. However, it certainly seems like you are and I'm bewildered as to why since I don't even know you.

I get that we agree that this is a 2nd Amendment issue, however it is also a teacher issue, since we have already been singled out and as such we have to work from that vantage point to get things corrected. If this means in your eyes that their will be some sort of "abuse up the kazoo" well you are entitled to your opinion and I wouldn't even know where to begin to respond to that. However, I was not taking anything personally and I certainly didn't attack. If that's how you took my post, then maybe you are the one that needs to re-read people's posts.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    God bless our teachers as it is something I couldnt do. If I was one, I would insist on being armed. Probably good I am not one.
    Thank you Chief... in many ways it can be a thankless job, then there is some small thing that happens that you realize you have made a difference in a kid's life and it makes the job worthwhile.

I could easily make a lot more money in industry with my degree, but I love what I do too much to leave.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

the__outlaw is offline Banned

Generally teachers aren't smart enough to handle the responsibility of carrying a firearm. They are a dime a dozen when they are retained based on union dues instead of merit. Sad what unions can do. No guns for public teachers.

I'd gladly pay a little extra in property taxes to pay for this training
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

I recently read an article that talked about high schools in the 60's that had shooting clubs. Students would bring rifles and pistols to school and keep them in their lockers. Teachers would carry where legal, and both students and teachers would shoot at the range during club time. How is it in 50 years, we've swung completely the opposite way? Kids aren't even trusted with tweezers or aspirin, and teachers wring their hands at disciplinary problems. It feels that schools have gone to far the other way and are a complete lost cause. When 80% of graduating seniors can't identify the state they live in on a U.S. map, there are all sorts of problems teachers should be solving.

Instead of arming the teachers perhaps we should just give them participation trophies.

In the solutions, don't forget the federal rules regarding guns in schools. This is just an additional, but probably surmountable, obstruction.

1950's. We students used to shoot rats in the high school dump which was maybe 25-50' from the building. Try that today. So many things not politically correct about that. And, oddly, no human massacres occurred. Rats were harmed in the preparation of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by the__outlaw View Post
    Generally teachers aren't smart enough to handle the responsibility of carrying a firearm. They are a dime a dozen when they are retained based on union dues instead of merit. Sad what unions can do. No guns for public teachers.
    I'll put my IQ up next to yours, smartass. My skill at the firing range, too.
    Ton up!

K-Products.US is offline Just Joe

Ok, I'm a retired teacher of 36 years and my school had a firing range and a club that meet after school. Even the local police used the range. Then around 1980 budgets began to tighten and the range was first to go on the block. Teachers, kids etc were given a responsibility, taught proper gun handling and all was fine in the club and school. The real problem was FEAR and IGNORANCE. When knowledge replaces fear things go well and there actually is a learned responsibility.
    Today, no one is held to a high level of responsibility.....

In fact we put into place a proceedure list in the event of a gunman in the building..... I'm supposed to tape a Blue, Red or Yellow paper to the window indicating the presence of a gunman and to huddle in a corner of the room with the children.

As a veteran, I would protect them with my life but really, paper on a window, so from the outside they know where the gunman is killing people..... give me a gun not paper.

Education is the answer but it first has to start with parents, then with teachers and then children.

The shear numbers of armed citizens and the number of accidents are excellent stats to show that most people are responsible citizens. Yes, the criminals have guns and they are up front in the news thus guns are "bad" No.... these are BAD PEOPLE. It is time to look at all the GOOD people, Law Abiding, and SAFE handlers of Guns. Education is partly the answer.
    God, Family, Country and Self

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by the__outlaw View Post

Troll Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast