2 or 3 Gun safes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

2 or 3 Gun safes

This is a discussion on 2 or 3 Gun safes within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; We started with a smaller upright gun safe . When we outgrew it we used it to store ammo only ...

We started with a smaller upright gun safe. When we outgrew it we used it to store ammo only and bought a big gun safe. We lock up our guns except for what we are wearing. Well, except for the home defense shotgun. I also store important records in one of them. Love the gunsafes. We bought both of them on sale. Be patient and constantly watch ads, black Friday sales, Christmas time or after the beginning the year when inventory is going on. Know what they go for regularly so that you will recognize a good sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by concealedinla View Post
    Any recommendations?
    Buy a house with an extra bedroom. Tear out the drywall of the walls of the extra bedroom and replace with 1/4" steel plate. Put steel bars across the windows and replace the door with an armored steel door with a 5' deadbolt going into steel framing. This way you can have a 10' x 10' room for your firearms and build all sorts of pegboard walls and shelves to support your wonderful hobby.

Forget the safes and go for the proprietary firearm room.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

We have one small safe in bedroom closet & 2 car safes, we could use 1 more

This would be a good opportunity for knowledgeable people to recommend brands and minimum/normal performance standards to look for. And then the OP can edit his post (if he can) to tell everyone to skip to page 3.

I'm in the same boat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    I've outgrown mine and may upgrade to a liberty soon, then use my current safe to store more ammo.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

i'd be happy with just the safes in the giveaway! one for the vehicle and one for home. that would be all i will ever need as far as gun safes go!
    gun control is being able to hit your target

It depends on how many cars you have. I know... you are thinking whaaaat?
    I have one small one in each car for those times I am unable to carry in the place I am going. i.e. gov building court room. (That is two.) Plus a BIG one for the other "stuff" shot gun, rifle, important papers (You get the picture.) And last a small one to keep buy the bed for when company comes over and we are going swimming. I don't leave my gun out with little ones around. So... One for each car, a big one and little one gives you 4. Plus the car safe is a nice place to put cash while on vacation.
    YMMV - Get a least one BIG safe, you won't be sorry when you start putting important papers in there.

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by concealedinla View Post
    Any recommendations?
    I think one of the reasons why there have been some silly replies to your OP is because we are unclear what it is you are actually asking. Are you asking for recommendations for safes in general? Are you asking whether you should have 2 or 3 safes? Are you asking what types of safes to get? Are you asking for recommendations on what to do with 2 or 3 safes? Are you asking where you should put 2 or 3 safes? Are you asking for recommendations of brand names for the safes? You get my point hopefully.

Personally, I have a small, bolt-to-the floor safe with two shelves that can hold 4 handguns in my bedroom. I also have a 16 rifle safe that is fire rated for 30 minutes in the basement where I store my long barrels. I also keep my ammo locked in ammo boxes stacked in the basement as well. I have a small safe in each of two vehicles as well.

If you are looking for more of an answer to your question, please be more specific with your question. We are always glad to help here.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

One other place to look is a nearby DRMO location for the military. The military has file cabinets that are perfect for storing handguns in. What isn't so perfect is that the drawers are extremely heavy. Each drawer has its own lock ( combination, not a key ). A four drawer unit weighs as much as a good size gun safe.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12