Celebrated Independence Day w/ a new gun!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Celebrated Independence Day w/ a new gun!

This is a discussion on Celebrated Independence Day w/ a new gun! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Picked up a new CIA Polish underfolder AK!!! $630 out the door, fires like a dream! Niiiccce. Nothing says America ...

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Talking Celebrated Independence Day w/ a new gun!

Picked up a new CIA Polish underfolder AK!!! $630 out the door, fires like a dream! Niiiccce.
    Nothing says America like buying a gun on the 4th!

Also, got to fire a Saiga 12 for the first time, pretty cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

So did I!!!!! Brand new Springfield Armory XD40sc. Got the the whole package for $435 and love it!!! Shoots like a dream and I agree, very American thing to do for the 4th of July!!!!

Congrats to both of you.

i celebrated with some neighbors at an american legion luncheon.....they did a flag burning ceremony which brought tears to my eyes and found myself participating....taking a piece of a cut flag to offer the fire whilst praying for my nephew who is now deployed over seas and can't tell us where right now
    the food was good and i got a beer too while i was there after that cry i had for all our nations youth off in foreign lands..........
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeyes View Post
    i celebrated with some neighbors at an american legion luncheon.....they did a flag burning ceremony which brought tears to my eyes and found myself participating....taking a piece of a cut flag to offer the fire whilst praying for my nephew who is now deployed over seas and can't tell us where right now
    the food was good and i got a beer too while i was there after that cry i had for all our nations youth off in foreign lands..........
    Goodluck and best wishes to your nephew, may he come home safe!
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Shoobee is offline Banned

I went to our city's local fireworks display, at the north side of town, overlooking The Bay.

It started at 9:40 pm and ran for about 15 mins which is about half of normal, so the Great Recession must have cut deeply into property and sales tax revenues so the city has reduced the festivities by half this year. Can't blame them.

There were about 10,000 people at the park. Law enforcement and other volunteers were working feverishly on traffic control. I thanked them whenever I could.

I parked near the freeway and hiked about 2 miles with a portable camping chair and a hiking drinking bottle in a belt pouch to get a good spot to watch it all.

I was historically reminded that the rockets red glare and the national anthem actually evolved during the War of 1812-1815 about 40 years after July 4, 1776. Oh well, only a slight anachronism there.

On the hike back, stopped at a bar for a hamburger and cole slaw and a coke to let the return traffic thin out. The sports bar was packed because lots of others had the same plan, so it was shoulder to shoulder at the tables.

Did not run into my x-fiancee or her new husband, although this is also their neck of the woods, the north side of town. Gosh I am glad I escaped her.

Happy birthday America!

Obama got Osama.

Life Is Good.

Default Celebrated Independence Day w/ a new gun!

Fire works on myrtle beach. I'll celebrate again when I get home; add to my collection. Leaning towards a new XDm 45.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

No guns Shoobee...:(

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Fire works on myrtle beach. I'll celebrate again when I get home; add to my collection. Leaning towards a new XDm 45.
    Myrtle Beach eh? You shoulda gave me a call ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Myrtle Beach eh? You shoulda gave me a call ;)
    I'm still here. Headed to the beach

Leaving Monday.

Myrtle beach state park.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast