Petition to keep Google from Removing Firearms & Accessories Sales from Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Petition to keep Google from Removing Firearms & Accessories Sales from Search

This is a discussion on Petition to keep Google from Removing Firearms & Accessories Sales from Search within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Please sign the petition to keep Google from removing Firearms and Accessories from Google Search results. https://www.change.org/petitions/tel...erning-weapons...

Default Petition to keep Google from Removing Firearms & Accessories Sales from Search

Please sign the petition to keep Google from removing Firearms and Accessories from Google Search results.

https://www.change.org/petitions/tel...erning-weapons
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post
    Please sign the petition to keep Google from removing Firearms and Accessories from Google Search results.

But aren't they a private company free to do what they will. Just don't use them. If enough gun owners drop their services that would give them a larger message then a petition. This has been their longtime stance and as long as their bottom line isn't affected they wont change.
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government IS the problem." The fed has taken too much tax money from the people, too much authority from the states, and too much liberty with the Constitution." Ronald Reagan.

My petition to them is that I won't use them any more... I have already switched my browser to Bing, so take that Google!

the__outlaw is offline Banned

Just use a different search engine. They will get the hint.

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

This won't bother me in the least. I don't use Google for this purpose anyway, so I see no reason to discontinue my use of Google Search, my Android phone, Google Voice, and the numerous other Google services I use.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Actually I just read an article that makes me think this is actually a good thing, and those dealers that stock inventory, and have been around and will be there to support you will greatly benefit from this decision. Most of the "shopping" from google in regards to firearms are those companies that do NOT stock anything, and undersell those dealers that are there to help you, support you and have for the most part been in business for quite some time.

read this article, it explains in the depth (yes, long article, but worth it) Google Bans Guns in Shopping – Good News for Stocking Gun Dealers

Plus you can still google search for items, but just not the shopping part. I for one, have a good list of dealers I buy from, I do google items now and then, but then I go to my standbys for pricing, because I have ordered from them, trust them, and KNOW that when I order something I will get it in a reasonable time and if something is wrong they will help me fix it. Recently I had a great experience with Cheaper Than Dirt, and I would almost bet that had this same situation happened at one of the "discount" places that pop up on google's shopping area, it would not have turned out the same.

Food for thought.

and trying to force a company to do something with a petition... um, the size of google? probably not going to work. If you want to hurt them, get EVERYONE to stop using them... good luck with that as well. My first thoughts were to switch search engines... but I have an android phone, and use almost all of their products exclusively...

Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post

It starts with firearms, then it will be firearms training, then it will be firearms forums ..... WHO WANTS TO BE NEXT? Maybe church services?

I was taught early ... if you want to boil a live frog without it jumping out of the pot, you do it slowly.

The thing that bothers us? In Googles letter it states "We've created this policy to comply with legal regulations." To us this sounds like there is some kind of law out there preventing google from doing this .... we are 99.9% sure there is not a law and that google is getting pressure from an outside source to make this policy.

PS: To the poster who said they are a private company ... they are public, traded public, & owned public: ie shareholders own it.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Simple point is, do not support those businesses that stand against our right to bear arms.
    Like it or not, they are labeling guns and gun accessories as taboo by their actions and this WILL influence some in the general public towards that impression which is bad all around for the RKBA and 2nd Amendment.
    "One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
    Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!
    Suggestions by Domineaux | Texas Gun Forum

I have stopped using google as my search engine, and gone to bing. I'm stuck with my android for now, and gmail, well, I need to rethink all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Safebustr View Post
    My petition to them is that I won't use them any more... I have already switched my browser to Bing, so take that Google!
    Ummm... I don't believe Bing is a browser. It is a search engine. So, if you are using Google Chrome as a web browser you have not accomplished much. That said.... I really dislike IE9.

So what BROWSER should we switch to?

Psalm 82:3-5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast