AMSEC gun safe

Thread: AMSEC gun safe

1. Thumbs down AMSEC gun safe

Anyone out there have any suggestions on how to get service on an older Amsec safe? Tumbler style with no key. I moved my safe (empty, glad to say) from one home to my new home and now the safe won't open. Have tried everything short of a drill. I have contacted the manufacturer several times and several of there service reps that they have listed.....to NO avail. They don't even respond. I live in Southern Maryland. Does anyone have a reliable contact in this area?
    Update!! Finally got a response from Amsec. They doing their best to help me with the situation with my gun safe. There Tech support person was very friendly and gave me several ideas and a couple of options. Thanks for the support and suggestions. Will let you know if I spin or drill! I hope to just spin the dial!:

Depending on the size, it may not even be worth contacting a locksmith to have it fixed. My employer gave me a large bank safe and I had the combination reprogrammed few years back and it was about $60 and the door was open so they could get to the mechanism. It had a smaller combination safe inside that was closed and locked. The locksmith said that it would be in the $300 to $500 range to drill out the lock and get a new lock installed. The small safe is still locked. Just my thoughts. Good luck.
    I am not politically correct. I am all about the facts, I am all about the truth and I am all about Godly pursuits and what this country was built on, and I am not apologetic about it. - Luke Scott

3. Default

Most locksmiths cam open that safe. They are certified save crackers. Now once they open it, I recommend you have them install a push button lock on the safe you will love it. This can be done for about 2 two 3 hundred dollars. Worth it if you need to get in, in a hurry. I have a amsec safe with a push button lock and love it. I don't care how old your sage is, they will last forever.

4. Default

(Can) (safe) finger slip LOL.

5. Default

I appreciate the feed back. It's an older large KI1832 safe with a mechanical dial, worth the investment. Will have to try the contacts one more time.
    thanks

6. Default

You might check here to find someone local.

ClearStar Security Network

7. Default

Update!! Finally got a response from Amsec. They doing their best to help me with the situation with my Gun safe. There Tech support person was very friendly and gave me several ideas and a couple of options. Thanks for the support and suggestions. Will let you know if I spin or drill! I hope to just spin the dial!