This will bring the anti gun crowd out! - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

This will bring the anti gun crowd out!

This is a discussion on This will bring the anti gun crowd out! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by mmckee1952 What I want know is when the news people talked with his mother she told them, ...

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    What I want know is when the news people talked with his mother she told them, " You've got the right person" WHF. If there was anyting in the past that she knew about her son then why didn't she inform someone / anyhone concerning the problems she thought were there? There's something in his background that concerned her for sure.
    We have no idea what the parents did or who they contacted trying to get the psycho help. It will all come out in time, but I will lay blame only in one place; with the killer. I watched as the media relentlessly hounded the dad while he was standing in line trying to get through TSA at the San Diego airport on his way to Aurora. Good grief, leave the parents alone, unless someone has some evidence that they purposely raised a maniacal mass murderer. I pray for the parents as sincerely as I pray for the victims and their families. A whole bunch of families are broken tonight. I only know of one person who's responsible for that.

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

The local ABC affiliate is running a story about how lax gun laws contributed to this on FB and the responce is overwhelmingly pro RKBA

Even Democratic Underground is running a poll for the repeal of the second amendment and the numbers are running 72-28 against repeal.

I have some hope
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Tragic and disturbing.

I went to the movie theaters last night at 10:00 pm PST to see TED with my wife. When we arrived a line was forming around the building for the Batman movie. After finding out that all the movies after 9 pm were cancelled for the Batman premiere we decided that we would just go home instead of watching Batman. It creeps me out knowing that, at the same time I was openly carrying in my movie theater near my home, with hundreds of people waiting outside for the batman movie, that the psychopath was also getting ready at his home to ruin the lives of so many. How many people saw me last night, and heard about what happened in CO the following day? How many thought, "what if that happened in WA?"

I had a few coworkers ask me about this since they know I am a gun guy...I asked them, if you were in that theater, would you have wanted me there with you? or would you have wanted me to be at home? I am glad each one said they would have absolutely wanted me there, because no one else would have been able to protect them. I advised them to get a firearm and learn how to use it, because I can not be everywhere with them.

I carry my firearm, because these killings keep happening like at this movie theater, and I do not want to die that way, I do not want to die without fighting for my life. I do not want my wife to die without a fight. I do not want my friends to die without a fight.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default This will bring the anti gun crowd out!

I know some of us (including myself) have been commenting on the Brady Campaign's Facebook page, making well-reasoned arguments and, one guy in particular, was trying to get people to get off the Internet and huh their families while correcting improper terms. I added a calm voice of reason last night as well. Don't bother because the admins are just deleting them. The posts responding to them are there so it's obvious that there are gaps. They did leave one guys comment, but probably because he dropped a cluster of f-bombs and made us look like the "bat-shlt crazy" people that we obviously are
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

Default This will bring the anti gun crowd out!

Piers Morgan essentially says “I don’t want to hear opposing viewpoints to my position on gun control, I want to hear people that think like me.” Not word for word, per se, but that was the gist of this video clip. Sorry I can't actually link it with my phone

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/20/piers-morgan-on-gun-control-ill-tell-you-the-day-to-debate-it-it-would-have-been-yesterday-to-prevent-this-from-happening/
    "People should not fear their governments...governments should fear their people!"

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The local ABC affiliate is running a story about how lax gun laws contributed to this on FB and the responce is overwhelmingly pro RKBA

Even Democratic Underground is running a poll for the repeal of the second amendment and the numbers are running 72-28 against repeal.

I have some hope
    What is the URL for the poll on DU?

Updated - never mind, I found it. Here is the link: Would you support repeal of the Second Amendment? - Democratic Underground

And that is 72% (against repeal) to 28% (for repeal). But it is also a time-unlimited poll, so they are obviously hoping that the numbers in favor of repeal will increase over time.
    "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks," Thomas Jefferson

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

You've got to remember Piers Morgan comes from England, where they are really wierd about gun ownership, hell it wasn't until a short time ago that they allowed the police to carry a gun, that tells you alot. Morgan had his ass handed to him last week when Robert Blake was on his show, Morgan didn't know what to do, it was great to see him on the deffence for once. I don't watch him just because he is so liberal with his ideas and doesn't want any other views but his own.

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Here is a live video feed watching the efforts to clear the suspect's apartment. They will probably be performing controlled detonations.

Live Video « CBS Denver
    "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks," Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    (null)
    I like controlled detonations

The tragedy in Aurora, CO could have been significantly lessened with one legally armed citizen stepping up and engaging this shooter. Would it have been difficult and risky? Sure. Armed with long guns and protected with body armor, it would be hard to take out this gunman. But, an armed citizen would have the element or surprise. Some reports are that the incident lasted almost 15 mins, and even with high capacity magazines, the shooter must have had to stop and reload before seeking more targets (innocent men, women and children). It would have been a great time for some brave folks to rush the attacker, but even better if one of them was armed and could get close enough for a head shot. Missouri Statue 563.031.02 covers the use of deadly force in the protection of others, and any armed, law abiding citizen with a concealed carry permit would be completely justified in killing this gunman to protect themselves and others from death or serious bodily injury. The laws in other states are likely the same. It is a crazy world out there, and you never know when you might need to protect yourself. Exercise your 2d Amendment right and get a concealed carry permit where you live. Our next MO CCW class is on Sat, 28 July, and we have a KS CCH class on Sat, 4 Aug. Chances are you will never need to use a gun in self defense, but if you do, be sure that it will be a "come as you are" event. Be ready.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast