colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie? - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie?

This is a discussion on colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by kerb I think probably because 1 or 2 people are likely to die taking down the armed ...

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    I think probably because 1 or 2 people are likely to die taking down the armed man/terrorist. Most people don't want it to be them, thus hold off doing something until someone else makes the first move. Not lack of common sense, but fear. Perfectly natural. It's rare for a person to be able to overcome fear and do what logic dictates. Not everyone can be a hero just like not everyone can be an Olympic athlete. That's why we honor our heroes.

I don't feel people should be criticized for that, either. Especially from one who has never been in a similar situation and acted differently.

I think most people who make a big show of being fearless probably aren't.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    "Logic" would dictate going with the "fear" and *not* doing anything stupid or bold.

As we say while riding motorcycles, there are old motorcyclists, and there are bold motorcyclists, but there are no old & bold motorcyclists!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    Grizline aren't you damm glad you did not go into theatre #9 ?!

You are one lucky sob!
    By the time I was off the phone with 911 the police were there. Yes I was lucky.

I was working with heavy equipment at the time so it was very loud. If I would have turned around at the time, I would have seen him go into the theater. I was maybe 200 feet from his car. Very sad situation.

GlockOclock is offline Accurate

Quote Originally Posted by grizline View Post
    By the time I was off the phone with 911 the police were there. Yes I was lucky.

I was working with heavy equipment at the time so it was very loud. If I would have turned around at the time, I would have seen him go into the theater. I was maybe 200 feet from his car. Very sad situation.
    If you don't mind my asking, what did you see that caused you to dial 911?

Shoobee is offline Banned

Dont think about that. There is nothing you or anyone else could do to change anything. The grad school kid was too geared up and determined.

The thing that saved everyone (except the poor 12 who died) is that Holmes chose a faulty weapon system for his scheme. ARs jam all the time, especially after about 100 fast rounds. So whether merely a faulty AR or an Angel of God, something intervened.

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    I'm going to play the Devil's advocate here. Not picking on you Gramps, but just using this as an "in" to the train of thought.

Everyone seems to be coming down of the "no gun" "ban" in theaters, MO, Aurora etc, etc. as the cause for not preventing the mayhem. "If someone had a legal gun they could have defended the crowd, dropped the bad guy, saved the day" etc, etc.

What about locking the doors? What about the responsibility of the theater for not having the EMERGENCY exit door alarmed?

So far the reports say the guy (a guy) sat in the front row. As the movie began he went out a front EMERGENCY exit and blocked the door open. Minutes later the gunman entered. So either there was an accomplice or the gunman himself went out that door.

How long would you sit in a theater with an EMERGENCY alarm going off before you did something about it? Everyone is saying a citizen with a gun would have changed the outcome. Possibly. But I'm saying that if the doors were alarmed and or locked, none of it would have happened.

The responsibility for all the death falls on two players. The gunman and most of all on the theater owner.
    Gotta disagree. The responsibility rests squarely on one person.
    I seriously doubt the theater did anything wrong. There are rules for doors, alarms, etc and what are the chances the theater didn't follow them? Slim to 0.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    It is plain common sense not to permit CCW weapons at --

- a movie theatre
    - a stadium
    - an arena
    - a bar with alcohol being served
    - a courtroom
    - a jail or prison
    - a Federal facility

That will never change. So if you were at the movies, and you had a weapon with you, unless you were an on duty or off duty or retired LEO, you would have been breaking the trespass law.
    So let me get this straight...
    I can be trusted to carry a loaded weapon except for those places? Gee, the government trusted me to carry one 24/7. I managed never to shoot someone on accident or commit a crime.

Why should an leo be afforded the ability to defend himself but not the rest of us? On duty or off.

Common dense maybe, but sure not common sense.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

this guy wasn't wearing body armor,he had a tactical vest on

It was a vest over the ballistic armor, like the Army's Interceptor vests are.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockOclock View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what did you see that caused you to dial 911?
    3 teenaged kids came running out with no shoes on. They said someone was shooting people inside. It was in a very paniced voices and in shock as you could imagine.

GlockOclock is offline Accurate

3 teenaged kids came running out with no shoes on. They said someone was shooting people inside. It was in a very paniced voices and in shock as you could imagine.
    Holy crap! Scary stuff.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast