colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie? - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree104Likes

colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie?

This is a discussion on colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Stan45 CODE OF ORDINANCES City of AURORA, COLORADO ArSec. 94-152. - Firearms on private property. (a) It ...

Beau is offline I was never here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan45 View Post
    CODE OF ORDINANCES
    City of AURORA, COLORADO

ArSec. 94-152. - Firearms on private property.

(a)
    It shall be unlawful for any person, carrying a firearm, to enter or remain upon any private property of another or any building or property of a commercial establishment when such property, building, or establishment is posted with notification that the carrying of firearms is prohibited.
    This ordinance is invalid as it goes against state preemption.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Any time a large crowded place post a "no firearms" sign they are asking for something bad to happen. It seems that all incidents of this nature have taken place where there a "no firearms allowed"

You absolutely correct. To win in this kind of situation you need to have the proper mindset to prevail.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

You absolutely correct. To win in this kind of situation you need to have the proper mindset to prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozz View Post
    First of all,

For those that say the gunman would be a nearly impossible target due to the homemade tear gas, dark theater, and crowd.... I call BS! He was certainly able to make a target out of 70+ people under those conditions!

Think about it.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    ... once this nut case started shooting, and panic sets in nobody can say what they would do...

When we say 'we don't know what we'd do under the same circumstances', we make cowardice the default position.
    Kathy Shaidle, Toronto blogger on the Ecole Polytechnique massacre of December 1989 in Montreal
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    It is plain common sense not to permit CCW weapons at --

- a movie theatre
    - a stadium
    - an arena
    - a bar with alcohol being served
    - a courtroom
    - a jail or prison
    - a Federal facility

That will never change. So if you were at the movies, and you had a weapon with you, unless you were an on duty or off duty or retired LEO, you would have been breaking the trespass law.
    Its only breaking the "trespass" law if you are made. I will and have, carried any place that I find could be dangerous. It just so happens that the places you listed seem to be the EXACT kind of place you would NEED a gun.

I also live in Vermont. I have only seen one location with a no carry sign, the mall. I go to the movies and have never seen a sign. In Vermont, we have a constitutional carry so there aren't any places that bar us from carrying.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213