colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie? - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie?

This is a discussion on colarado has ccw,but no one was carrying at the movie? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm also wondering why nobody tried to tackle him. He can't be facing every direction at once, and there almost ...

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

I'm also wondering why nobody tried to tackle him. He can't be facing every direction at once, and there almost had to be people behind him and in close proximity. Food for thought.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Let's get off the kool aid guys. All that any of us CCWers could have done in a crowded theater full of tear gas, with people running all over, would have been shoot the poor members of the crowd that he missed! This is not an IPSC scenario, this is bedlam and more guns would not have mitigated anything. A situation like this would not even been helped by armed guards inside the theater. The carnage would still have occurred. He was wearing body armor and was moving and firing. This was a very tragic occurrence, but the fact is that the shooter was organized enough and hit fast and hard enough that nothing would have helped. I just wish the anti gun ground could put down their koolaid cup long enough to realize that none of their measures would have stopped this bedlam either.
    You are quite correct, WJH. This shooter had visualized and thought of everything, the gas, the body armor, and lots of ammo. He even rigged his own apartment to blow as well.

Duck and cover or run is about the only strategy that would work in this incident. Especially since most CCW-ers load hollow points, rather than FMJ, and hollow points are quite easily stopped by body armor.

The thing that the shooter did not know, since he got all his info by speaking with gun dealers, who are willing to say anything to sell you anything, is that the AR-15 package jams easily when fired a lot. So fortunately his rifle jammed on him, and he did not know how to unjam it. This saved a lot of people, since most of his ammo was 5.56 rather than shotgun or 40 cal.

Had the shooter known what he was doing he would have brought a different weapon than the AR. Good thing he did not.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families, and the community there.

Quote Originally Posted by Domineaux View Post
    Sorry for the incorrect information I posted about Aurora banning concealed carry as noted in what I thought was a fairly reputable source.
    I have found many more sources explaining that while municipalities may restrict open carry, they are preempted from doing so with concealed carry.
    Perhaps you should read the actual law rather than a random website's interpretation of it

"A gun is a tool. No better or no worse than the man using it." Shane

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I'm also wondering why nobody tried to tackle him. He can't be facing every direction at once, and there almost had to be people behind him and in close proximity. Food for thought.
    That would make entirely too much sense. Surely some would get shot no matter what, but it would end his shooting spree early.

Your post reminds me of the hijacked plane scenario. Hundreds of passengers versus 3-5 men, and yet the 3-5 men win. Why? Because it makes too much sense for the majority to take over the few bad guys. This world lacks common sense.

This is a shooting that very few people would ever train for or could train for to stop.If someone was CC do you hold your fire for a clean shot or do you take the shot knowing that someone behind the target might get hit with a pass thru slug or two.I would like to hear from a LEO as to how policy would let then respond.
    So maybe here is the test case for the court since someone my have had to go to the movie with out their gun because of a " no guns allowd" posting. I think it sends a great message to all CCL holders, dont leave home with out it.JMO

Don't get me wrong do I think that any CCW at the movies could have stop him? No one can say for sure. The one thing I do know is he was not wearing body armor to look good. When the cops got him in their sights he gave up without a fight. I think its possible that if a few round came his way he could have **** himself and ran. That would have save how meany life's? 1 % chance of 1 % is better then no chance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Too many folks identifying with Marvel Comics superheroes here.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Too many folks identifying with Marvel Comics superheroes here.
    It wouldn't be the first time a shooter had his murder-spree cut short by someone treating him like a tackling dummy.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    You are quite correct, WJH. This shooter had visualized and thought of everything, the gas, the body armor, and lots of ammo. He even rigged his own apartment to blow as well.

Duck and cover or run is about the only strategy that would work in this incident. Especially since most CCW-ers load hollow points, rather than FMJ, and hollow points are quite easily stopped by body armor.

The thing that the shooter did not know, since he got all his info by speaking with gun dealers, who are willing to say anything to sell you anything, is that the AR-15 package jams easily when fired a lot. So fortunately his rifle jammed on him, and he did not know how to unjam it. This saved a lot of people, since most of his ammo was 5.56 rather than shotgun or 40 cal.

Had the shooter known what he was doing he would have brought a different weapon than the AR. Good thing he did not.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families, and the community there.
    What is your source that his AR jammed? I have found speculation but no facts so are you adding to the facts or arm chair quarterbacking and showing your uninformed opinions at the some time?

I know around here the are two basic theater layouts, walking from the back of the theater tho find your seats or walking from the front. Depending on the layout the gunman could have been between the victims and the exits or herding them towards the exits. Either way a movie theater would not be an easy place to escape or engage a shooter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast