Yet another story of a gun mysteriously discharging on its own
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yet another story of a gun mysteriously discharging on its own

This is a discussion on Yet another story of a gun mysteriously discharging on its own within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Mass. officer's gun goes off during safety class - Yahoo! News NEW BEDFORD, Mass. - A firearms instructor in southern ...

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Default Yet another story of a gun mysteriously discharging on its own

Mass. officer's gun goes off during safety class - Yahoo! News

NEW BEDFORD, Mass. - A firearms instructor in southern Massachusetts has been assigned to other duties after his gun accidentally went off while he was teaching a class on weapons safety. Officials say the Glock handgun discharged while Maj. Donald Lamar was demonstrating to Bristol County deputy sheriffs how to safely holster the weapon.

The bullet ripped a hole in Lamar's pants but missed his leg and foot.

Sheriff Thomas Hodgson says the officer made a "gross error in judgment" by not emptying the weapon before the class last week.

Lamar, a certified firearms instructor since 2005, was transferred to another division and will not carry a firearm while the incident is being investigated.

Officials say the Glock handgun discharged while Maj. Donald Lamar was demonstrating to Bristol County deputy sheriffs how to safely holster the weapon.

If this is a demo of how to safely holster the weapon I would hate to see a demo on the unsafe holstering of a weapon.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It was "safe". The guy ripped his pants, but wasn't injured. If it were "unsafe", then he would have had an extra hole or two in him.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

He must not have had the safety on :D .

I know accidents happen, but I am at a lose to understand how instructors can be this negligent.
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 05-21-2008 at 06:58 AM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

the safe part what the fact that the bullet missed his leg and foot.

I believe the only safety a glock has is on the trigger itself... gee wonder where his finger was?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Maybe the guy borrowed the Glock from the DEA agent.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Maybe the guy borrowed the Glock from the DEA agent.

gf
    :2:Or got his training from the same place.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

toreskha is offline Titles are un-American.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Lamar...will not carry a firearm while the incident is being investigated.
    The Bristol County Sheriff's Office has recently released a photo of Maj. Lamar's new sidearm that he will be carrying... :bigsmile:

Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    The Bristol County Sheriff's Office has recently released a photo of Maj. Lamar's new sidearm that he will be carrying... :bigsmile:

So that's what a "HI-Point" looks like....

gf

You know, just last night my chainsaw started up all by itself in the garage.
    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin
    (1706 - 1790)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast