What did they all have in common
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

What did they all have in common

This is a discussion on What did they all have in common within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; 4/20/99 Columbine High School 13 killed and 21 wounded. 4/6/07 Virginia Tech 32 killed and 17 wounded 11/5/09 Fort Hood ...

Blog Entries

Default What did they all have in common

4/20/99 Columbine High School 13 killed and 21 wounded.

4/6/07 Virginia Tech 32 killed and 17 wounded

11/5/09 Fort Hood Texas 13 killed and 29 wounded

1/8/11 Tuscon Arizona political event 6 dead and 8 wounded

7/20/12 Aurora Colo 12 killed and 58 wounded

Everyone of these were committed in a " GUN FREE ZONE " Guns were not allowed by law abiding citizen with concealed weapons permits in all of these cases including military personnel at Fort Hood . How could anyone lobby that banning guns will stop these tragedies. Does anyone really think that making a law banning firearms is really going to kept these nut cases from killing people when the threat of the death penalty does not stop them?

What death penalty? True some crimes do have the chance of the death penalty, but try to execute it. It takes years and tons of money to even get close to carrying out an execution. It's much easier to execute the unborn. The bleeding heart liberals don't care about the unborn but try and execute a criminal, now you have a fight on your hands.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

I am a VT Parent and my son was on campus that day. It was then I decided that I would arm myself, get a permit to carry, and train so I would be prepared to intervene should the need arise.

My son and his roomates went off campus, placed their friends in the upstairs of the house and locked down and armed themselves. He lost 1 professor and 5 teaching assistants that day but was prepared to defend his home and friends 1 block off the "gun free zone" I was and am still proud of him...
    Good judgement comes from expierence, which is usually the result of bad judgement. Learn from the experience of others, since it's a lot less painful than gaining it all on your own...

WB9IIE is offline Master of Poverty Knob
    Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee

This is a very good reason to get the state to eliminate all gun-free zones. They are prime killing fields and the BG knows it. He is assured of having a field of sheep with no sheep-dogs, and the sheep-dogs, IN A GUN FREE ZONE, become sheep. I imagine the outcome would have been much different if only one person other than Holmes was armed. Potentially a lot less mayhem. My prayers go out to those who were victims and to the families. All in attendance at the theater were victims that night. Some were fortunate and survived and others were unharmed physically. All will more than likely have mental scars for a very long time.
    Let's hear it for Gun Free Zones... Public places where the criminal has a monopoly
    on self defense. - Gary Nelson 2012

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ahab View Post

Everyone of these were committed in a " GUN FREE ZONE " Guns were not allowed by law abiding citizen with concealed weapons permits in all of these cases including military personnel at Fort Hood . How could anyone lobby that banning guns will stop these tragedies. Does anyone really think that making a law banning firearms is really going to kept these nut cases from killing people when the threat of the death penalty does not stop them?
    So in terms of 1st Place, I think the prize still goes to Seung-Hui Cho.

So back to the question, should everyone be allowed to carry CCW everywhere? Well, that's what the 2nd Amendment clearly says. Although the US Supreme Court has legislated from the bench that Congress may interpret reasonable limits on gun ownership and possession.

I say we all go back to open carry, just like in the days of the Old West.

I can draw from the open carry position in less than 1 second. That's why I like it best. One on one not many lone gunmen would stand a chance against my draw.

But multiple gunmen could easily overcome any one person, even so, fast draw or not.

So lets say the law is back to open carry, and a bunch of gang bangers show up open carry as well.

You are still dead!

We must not forget this mass-killing:

04/02/2012 Oikos University, 7 killed, 3 wounded

You asked: "What did they all have in common".

Answer: they did exactly as they were taught. What else would you expect from a child-student who observes the same all their life?

More specifically:

We The People are to blame for the Deaths

I stand firm in my resolve that the city of Aurora, CO, is implicit of guilt in the 12 or more deaths and 58 or more injuries having occurred that day.

The city of Aurora has an ordinance* which effectively makes "no firearms" signs legally binding. It has been relayed to me by a friend who lives in the area of Aurora and who does actively carry that the theater does have a sign posted banning firearms.

That code stopped law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, yet DID NOT PREVENT a single vicious and evil person from maliciously disregarding that code. Or shall we blame the Theater for not posting it the sign on the *outside* of the Emergency Exit door which was kicked in?

You won't find the liberal left media even hinting that the government has made it illegal for a law-abiding citizen to defend themselves,

Nate, terror and violence do not make an appointment.

I stand with even greater firm resolve that we, individually and collectively, being the "American Family" Obama claimed we are when he spoke of the event, are directly culpable in the 12 or more deaths and 58 or more injuries having occurred on that. We, as the "American Family," have not only perversely demonstrated but daily live out the action in front of our children that the killing of innocent human lives is an "acceptable norm" through the method and act of abortion. As such, the children themselves are taught by this action that killing innocent human lives is an acceptable human act, of which such an act, when performed and with greater occurrence, is rewarded with great wealth and social and political standing in and among the American culture.

Dare I mention the 500+ murders, including 2 Border Patrol Agents, which the media chooses to sweep under the rug, yet clear evidence points to Holder as being fully aware of the incident, and that there is no indication Obama was NOT aware of such?

We must not forget the 2800 ~ 3200 killed at abortion clinics daily in America.

With tears in my eyes and deep anguishing grief on my heart for the sadness of each day innocent lives are murdered, I do pray for the victims, their families and friends, beseeching the same of all who are near to read or hear.

Actually, Virginia doesn't do too badly with executions. We're second only to Texas.

Shoobee is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TechStuffBC View Post
    We must not forget this mass-killing:

04/02/2012 Oikos University, 7 killed, 3 wounded

You asked: "What did they all have in common".

Answer: they did exactly as they were taught. What else would you expect from a child-student who observes the same all their life?

More specifically:

We The People are to blame for the Deaths

I stand firm in my resolve that the city of Aurora, CO, is implicit of guilt in the 12 or more deaths and 58 or more injuries having occurred that day.

The city of Aurora has an ordinance* which effectively makes "no firearms" signs legally binding. It has been relayed to me by a friend who lives in the area of Aurora and who does actively carry that the theater does have a sign posted banning firearms.

That code stopped law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, yet DID NOT PREVENT a single vicious and evil person from maliciously disregarding that code. Or shall we blame the Theater for not posting it the sign on the *outside* of the Emergency Exit door which was kicked in?

You won't find the liberal left media even hinting that the government has made it illegal for a law-abiding citizen to defend themselves,

Nate, terror and violence do not make an appointment.

I stand with even greater firm resolve that we, individually and collectively, being the "American Family" Obama claimed we are when he spoke of the event, are directly culpable in the 12 or more deaths and 58 or more injuries having occurred on that. We, as the "American Family," have not only perversely demonstrated but daily live out the action in front of our children that the killing of innocent human lives is an "acceptable norm" through the method and act of abortion. As such, the children themselves are taught by this action that killing innocent human lives is an acceptable human act, of which such an act, when performed and with greater occurrence, is rewarded with great wealth and social and political standing in and among the American culture.

Dare I mention the 500+ murders, including 2 Border Patrol Agents, which the media chooses to sweep under the rug, yet clear evidence points to Holder as being fully aware of the incident, and that there is no indication Obama was NOT aware of such?

We must not forget the 2800 ~ 3200 killed at abortion clinics daily in America.

With tears in my eyes and deep anguishing grief on my heart for the sadness of each day innocent lives are murdered, I do pray for the victims, their families and friends, beseeching the same of all who are near to read or hear.
    Two Koreans is an odd distinction on the list:

- 4 white American-born males

- 2 Korean males

- 1 Muslim Arab American-born male

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ahab View Post

and yet they continue to attempt to legislate a way to prevent this. just watched fox news and a democratic representative just said that very thing, some laws to prevent this from happening again. it seems to be incumbent in all politicians that they legislate everything. that it is somehow thier responsibility to pass laws that prevent the great unwashed masses from harming themselves. when are they and everyone else going to realize that you cannot "legislate " the human condition away?
    Hillbilly proud.... you have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdrummer View Post
    Actually, Virginia doesn't do too badly with executions. We're second only to Texas.
    We also don't do too bad with Open carry or Concealed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast