The recent mass murders might be averted if........
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

The recent mass murders might be averted if........

This is a discussion on The recent mass murders might be averted if........ within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Since at least the last three out of four mass murders were committed by college students, maybe it might be ...

TruckTurner68 is offline Chaplain

Thumbs up The recent mass murders might be averted if........

Since at least the last three out of four mass murders were committed by college students, maybe it might be prudent to require new students to have a psychological evaluation alongside of their physical for admission?

Since the onset of mental illness typically occurs between the ages of 17 - 26 an early diagnosis may prevent the student from living with an untreated mental illness and certainly will flag the student through NICS preventing them from purchasing firearms.

Also since most colleges do have an on campus clinic or nurses station, students diagnosed with early onset mental health issues could be monitored for medication compliance.

Your thoughts?
    The approval of men is expensive, but the love of God is free...Guns and religion are a great mix!!!

in a nation that grossly misinterprets mental illness, i wouldn't suggest giving them the authority to determine who is sane or not
    however if found to have exhibited a destructive behaviour then and only then should they be reviewed/evaluated and care taken to prevent them from harming themselves or others
    my guess is those who have been in the news recently for such violence are mind controlled bots deliberately set up to make a newstory to manipulate the masses
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I think what they need is a long hug with a rope aroung their neck
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

I didn't even need a physical exam to be admitted into college earlier this year, and I am allowed to carry a concealed firearm on campus. I also don't think I would ever let anyone give me a psychological evaluation, I'd probably fail, despite the fact that I know that I'll never go crazy.
    The miracle of Christ in me - Is the mystery that sets me free
    I'm nothing like I used to be - So open up your eyes you'll see

Oh, you want more government involvement in our private lives? No, not a good idea.

Then consider the problems of HIPAA meets FERPA. That's a collision I don't want to watch.

Umm, wait, one of the recent mass shooters was a psychiatrist. Yeah, that's gonna work out really well.

History has proven that no one can predict the random act's of evil, the only option is to be prepared to deal with and kill it when it rears it's ugly head.

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

Jumpin jeepers!! Now people want required phsyc tests just to go to college?

Why do people think they would always be perfectly "safe" if we could only find some magic way of preventing crap from happening?

GLADad, Because you think you'll fail a crazy test means to me that you would pass it. It's the crazy people that don't think they're crazy and think that they'll pass a crazy test that you need to watch out for.
    Lowell
    Connecticut & Florida CCW Permit

“Less of a random killing machine, more of a personal statement.” Q about the PPK/S

Here's a thought to throw out there.

Why not make a law for anyone seeking a psych evaluation, be put on a list sent to the proper authorities in charge of registering firearms and/or to the local Police Dept and FFL holders. Banning anyone on that list to purchase firearms or ammunition.

I mean it's not a air-tight solution but it's a very good start. Of course there will always be loopholes, like the black market for one.

Stop restricting or punishing the respectful and lawful gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain K-man View Post
    GLADad, Because you think you'll fail a crazy test means to me that you would pass it. It's the crazy people that don't think they're crazy and think that they'll pass a crazy test that you need to watch out for.
    The government would consider us crazy for valuing liberty over their "security".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast