Gun at 'Batman' causes stir, but no arrests
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

This is a discussion on Gun at 'Batman' causes stir, but no arrests within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Gun at 'Batman' causes stir, but no arrests 'Everyone stayed and watched the movie. Everybody was very cooperative' Published: 19 ...

Default Gun at 'Batman' causes stir, but no arrests

'Everyone stayed and watched the movie. Everybody was very cooperative'
    Published: 19 hours ago

(Cookeville Herald-Citizen News) COOKEVILLE (TN) –A man who entered a movie theater here last night to see the Batman movie was armed with a pistol and caused quite a stir, police said.

But he has carrying the gun legally, as were two other men there to see the move, police learned.

And though the film was stopped briefly and police officers entered the theater, it all ended peacefully, with no one arrested and no one upset, according to Cookeville Police Sgt. James Harris.
    gun control is being able to hit your target

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Jeeze man, people are really jumping off the deep end aren't they?

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Skot Kimray is offline Chronic fence rider

Can't really blame people for being on edge. But at least everything went over smoothly.
    I'm sure something witty or useful will make it's way into this space, eventually.

more people should be carrying imo .......only two? smh
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Yes, definitely more people should be carrying.

I wonder if anyone at the Colorado theater was carrying? But then again, if that idiot was firing off a AR, I would be hitting the deck even if I was carrying.

They must have been OC'ing, otherwise WHO would have known they were carrying? I'm not against it, but when you draw this much unneeded attention to yourself it isn't good for anyone.

I carry mine everywhere.The more I read this stuff, the more I cant justify not.

Have not been to the movies recently tho... But some folks at 7-11 gave me some looks when it was exposed. Smiled and hopped into the F350 with no incident.

Blog Entries

wow. cookville is not that far from where i live. seems they over reacted for folks in this part of the country. suppose it is just time and place. usually don't have a problem here.
    Hillbilly proud.... you have a problem with that?

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Bozz View Post
    They must have been OC'ing, otherwise WHO would have known they were carrying? I'm not against it, but when you draw this much unneeded attention to yourself it isn't good for anyone.
    I'm gonna have to disagree..all those people in that theater just saw legal and sane gun owners. Police came, everyone was fine, no one was upset, a good number probably learned something new, that is good attention. Would you rather just have the criminals killing with guns to get the attention?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am with Firefighterchen on this one, of course. The Brady Campaign and other anti-gun groups have no problem at all grabbing the media's attention to push their anti-gun propaganda down the throats of anybody who can be brainwashed into believing it. Of course every nut job criminal shooting people gets immediate media attention as well.

It seems to me like some attention NEEDS to paid to the law abiding citizen carrying a gun for self defense so that John Q. Public can see a positive image of a gun to offset the negatives that are out there every day.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast