USMC going back to 1911 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

USMC going back to 1911

This is a discussion on USMC going back to 1911 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Seeya The 1911 Pistol passed your little test over 100 years ago before it was selected for ...

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    The 1911 Pistol passed your little test over 100 years ago before it was selected for the armed services. Glock is a teenager trying to take a tough wise old man down. Try putting a Glock in water to cool it down and have it function 60000 rounds in two days. Plastic melts and deforms.

M1911 pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Yep. Many a 1911 has been dropped in muddy conditions and still functioned. If you shake one and it rattles, it will pass the mud test without problems. It is when people try to tighten them up is when they get finicky.
    I've found this to be true... even my "El cheapo" Taurus 1911 is reliable as hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Mil-spec 1911s have passed the most rugged tests come up with for a century. National-match 1911s will get sick from a grain of sand though.

As far as I'm concerned, I ONLY want a mil-spec 1911. That great rattle when they slap into your palm is pure win.
    NRA Life Member

It's my CC piece. WHY---- History has proven this to be the platform that is reliable and effective. Dammed if I go against History.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Yea,mine rattles and i love it.semper fi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123