Gun control laws and organized crime...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Gun control laws and organized crime...

This is a discussion on Gun control laws and organized crime... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I was wondering if there are any studies which show a correlation between states that have strict firearms laws and ...

Default Gun control laws and organized crime...

I was wondering if there are any studies which show a correlation between states that have strict firearms laws and the presence/entrenchment of organized crime...?

I'm not exactly sure why this question entered my mind, but I am quite curious all of a sudden.

in many nations where guns were outlawed ,,its citizens were rounded up and murdered by the tyrants of governments which is very organized crime!
    gun control is being able to hit your target

The NYC Sullivan Law, named after a criminal politician; NY State Senator Timothy Sullivan (D), that used it against his competition in gambling, and prostitution. While permitting his henchmen to carry guns. The Democrats used these thugs to enforce discipline at the polls and to intimidate his opponents. His gangsters complained that when robbing some citizens, on occasion, the robbers were shot back at, by the citizen protecting himself with a gun. Hence the feel good Sullivan Law, which severely restricted guns for citizens, while allowing permits for his thugs. Needless to say, it did nothing to stem the shootings by gangsters.

Ohh and finally politicians in government is some of the biggest organized crime.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

It probably entered your mind because that's what several firearms acts were intended to address. Heavily taxing (at the time) fully automatic weapons was an effort to both control them and make illegal possession a federal offense. They had bootleggers and godfathers in mind back in the day.
    Ton up!

Quote Originally Posted by roguejesse View Post
    The NYC Sullivan Law, named after a criminal politician; NY State Senator Timothy Sullivan (D), that used it against his competition in gambling, and prostitution. While permitting his henchmen to carry guns. The Democrats used these thugs to enforce discipline at the polls and to intimidate his opponents. His gangsters complained that when robbing some citizens, on occasion, the robbers were shot back at, by the citizen protecting himself with a gun. Hence the feel good Sullivan Law, which severely restricted guns for citizens, while allowing permits for his thugs. Needless to say, it did nothing to stem the shootings by gangsters.

Ohh and finally politicians in government is some of the biggest organized crime.
    This is along the lines of what I was thinking about- the criminals themselves essentially legalizing carry for their own but disarming the innocent. I have a hunch it is much worse than on the surface as far as influence is concerned, and needless to say our human right to defend ourselves against grave danger is being stripped left and right. What part of "...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" in 2A don't the anti's understand????????

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by roguejesse View Post

Not to mention he died of syphilis, so I like to refer to them as the "Syphilitic Sullivan Laws".
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Interestingly enough, many of the guns used by organized crime were bought from police lockups in NYC and Chicago in the early 20th century. The cops in some cities of that period were very corrupt and were regularly on the payroll.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Let's connect the dots. Most dangerous cities, most controlled by democrats. Anti-gun organizations, mostly controlled by democrats. Unions, mostly controlled by democrats. Lawyers and judges, most democrat. Eco terrorists, most democrats. Anti business, mostly democrats. Main stream media, mostly run by democrats. Is it just me or is there a pattern here?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Yes......You are CORRECT. Those dots DO connect.
    Samuel Colt did more for equality in America than any civil rights activist.

The dots certainly do connect. We have a Chicago organized crime family in control of the Whitehouse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast