McCain has issues with pastor he... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

McCain has issues with pastor he...

This is a discussion on McCain has issues with pastor he... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; +1. I think those for the most part that have a problem with what Hagee said either don't know what ...

+1. I think those for the most part that have a problem with what Hagee said either don't know what scripture says or they just don't like what the Bible really says. If they have a problem with it perhaps they should address their concerns to God.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Hagee did not and does not preach hate like Wright did. The far left think Christianity teaches hate, yet Wright was pretty much preaching liberal left talking points. So it's really the media pushing this stuff.

I feel Obama, and McCain have more skeletons in their closet, but Obama more so. he is unknown, empty, McCain has been around for a while and the country know what he is about.

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Actually, I never compared the two pastors, and I certainly did not mean to suggest that Hagee and Wright had anything in common. What I am saying, and I challenge either of you to disprove me, is that both Obama and McCain, when people associated with them were discovered to have said some things that many people did not like, for the sake of political expediency, publicly severed their ties with these men. Furthermore, I would bet the rent that neither would have severed these ties if they were not running for President of the United States.

probably not. I don't like McCain at all, but he was quick to distance himself from Hagee for whatever reason...Obama danced around it for a long time and only did not for...political reasons. Obama say in it for 20 years...that speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Actually, I never compared the two pastors, and I certainly did not mean to suggest that Hagee and Wright had anything in common. What I am saying, and I challenge either of you to disprove me, is that both Obama and McCain, when people associated with them were discovered to have said some things that many people did not like, for the sake of political expediency, publicly severed their ties with these men. Furthermore, I would bet the rent that neither would have severed these ties if they were not running for President of the United States.
    They are true politicians. They are like rats deserting a sinking ship
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. I think those for the most part that have a problem with what Hagee said either don't know what scripture says or they just don't like what the Bible really says. If they have a problem with it perhaps they should address their concerns to God.

She didn't answer...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    She didn't answer...
    Try the real one next time.

I'm just kind of bummed that Hagee apologized for his earlier statement.

toreskha is offline Titles are un-American.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    McCain isn't doing anything that the typical politician, Republican or Democrat, wouldn't do for the sake of political expediency. Remember earlier this year when it took some of Rev. Jeremiah Wright's controversial comments being leaked to the media for him to disassociate himself? Remember when Mitt Romney fired the company that did yard work at his home when it was revealed that the company hired illegal immigrants? I am not the least bit surprised by this.
    I'm not a big fan of Romney...but I give him the benefit of the doubt there. He probably has a person who tells a person to tell a person to hire the landscaper. Romney didn't personally look the company up in the phone book and negotiate a price. Realistically, the first he probably heard about it was from an adviser who came and told him. I'm sure that getting his grass cut was never the foremost issue in his mind.

Similarly, I doubt McCain has ever listened to Hagee preach. I doubt Obama has never heard his own pastor say crazy stuff, though - so Obama is the only one here that I'm not believing. He must have gone there at least a few times in 20 years.
    Last edited by toreskha; 07-17-2008 at 12:08 AM.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Romney...but I give him the benefit of the doubt there. He probably has a person who tells a person to tell a person to hire the landscaper. Romney didn't personally look the company up in the phone book and negotiate a price. Realistically, the first he probably heard about it was from an adviser who came and told him. I'm sure that getting his grass cut was never the foremost issue in his mind.

Similarly, I doubt McCain has ever listened to Hagee preach. I doubt Obama has never heard his own pastor say crazy stuff, though - so Obama is the only one here that I'm not believing. He must have gone there at least a few times in 20 years.
    Doesn't matter. They're all behaving like typical politicians.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12