gun shop carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

gun shop carry

This is a discussion on gun shop carry within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by misunderstood It seems everyday im learning some dumb law or dumb butt making up a law and ...

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by misunderstood View Post
    It seems everyday im learning some dumb law or dumb butt making up a law and says it is truth. When i first got in carrying I went by mackey gun shop in jamesville nc. i noticed a sign that said all guns must be unloaded and checked in when entering ( something of that sort). Which i just thought is was the shop rules and their right to say so. As i had conversations with several of the employees there one stuck in my head. in this conversation talking about carrying he said only the employees of this shop can carry in here. i remember asking why. his answer was a little confusing. he said in around about way that it was federal law for ffl dealers. but i carry in walmart and they have a ffls. can someone help me out. was he full of bull malarky?
    There's a shop I frequent that has a sign like that too. But since they don't have any "no concealed carry" signs, I don't pay any attention to it. There's no reason they'd ever make an issue of it, but if they did I'd happily leave. Well maybe not happily, they do have a pretty good selection of stuff and I try to support local businesses when I can.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

1911 Headbanger is offline Leave Me Alone!!!

The guy is a dumbass. There is no law concerning CCW for FFL holders or shops. The reason many dealers and shops don't allow CCW or open carry, is because of what those people do when they come into a gun shop. I worked part-time in one for a while. I can't tell you how many morons pointed loaded guns at me or waved them around the shop and had to be yelled at or scolded for stupidity. They would come in and see a holster they liked, and draw their pistol from concealment and stick a loaded gun into the holster to see if it fit. I also had morons ask me a question about their gun, and draw it and point to whatever the problem was (sights, grips, etc), as if I needed a visual aid. The gun was pointing at me. After yelling at one of them, he told me, I'm not going to shoot you, I know how to handle a gun. Finally, we put up a sign that stated CCW or open carry was welcome, but the gun must stay holstered. Any dumbass that decided not to read that sign and unholster, was told to leave immediately.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Blog Entries

I have an old Savage 1907 .32 ACP pistol that needed some work done to it. While cleaning I dis lodged the extractor and spring, I couldn't get the damn thing back in. Called a gunsmith in Apex, NC and he thought he could fix it. The gun was in a zip lock bag with the breech bolt and extractor which were removed from the gun. The guy at the counter was actually rude but then I thought dumb as hell be cause he asked me if the gun was loaded, I said no and the gun is partially dis assembled and again I said it was not loaded and even if it was the damn thing wouldn't fire, that's why I am here. I listened for 15 minutes to the ranting about loaded weapons only because the idiot had my gun in the back room. No he couldn't fix it nor did he have a clue. Found another gunsmith in Wendell, NC. Complete opposite. This time I only took the breech bolt and extractor into the shop to show the gunsmith. His comment was where is the rest of the gun. I said hell I left it in the truck. I know how to put it all back together. I explained my previous encounter and he laughed and said to and I quote" bring the damn gun in the shop." He fixed my gun in about two minutes. The range that I frequent allows CC Permit holders to carry their weapons but they do have to remain holstered until on the range. Probably safest. Quite honestly I don't disagree. I have seen individuals doing real dumb things only because they have no clue, they think they do but they really don't.
    Life Member of the NRA

Default gun shop carry

Unless the sign is written in English and in Spanish, and includes the words verbatim from the state law, including font size and colors. The sign is invalid.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    The first section only protects people with permits from the State the school is in. Does anybody have a permit valid in all 50 States?

The second section is highly questionable since Federal law supersedes State law. If the Feds wanted to enforce it, they could.
    If the States wanted to deny it ( 1000ft school zone carry ) they could is the point. The Federal Law is the one that allows it if you are licensed by the State and have a background check before it is issued.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    If the States wanted to deny it ( 1000ft school zone carry ) they could is the point. The Federal Law is the one that allows it if you are licensed by the State and have a background check before it is issued.
    Maybe we are missing each other's point? The thing is, even if you have a permit from your home state you still have a problem anywhere else?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

All of the LGS here let you OC or CC in them. I do it all the time and see other customers in them doing the same thing and they have never said anything to me about it.

All the employees in the LGS are OCing on their right hip while they are at work too.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Maybe we are missing each other's point? The thing is, even if you have a permit from your home state you still have a problem anywhere else?
    That I agree is a problem. As I travel back and forth, that is always a concern outside of Florida, where my license is from. There is not much chance the Feds will catch you but there is the problems with the local LEOs doing a stop. They did write in an exemption for not knowing it was a school zone though.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    That I agree is a problem. As I travel back and forth, that is always a concern outside of Florida, where my license is from. There is not much chance the Feds will catch you but there is the problems with the local LEOs doing a stop. They did write in an exemption for not knowing it was a school zone though.
    Where did you see an exception for not knowing it's a school zones?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Where did you see an exception for not knowing it's a school zones?
    18 USC 922 (q):
    (2) (A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast